Money Plus Password RRS feed

• Question

• I have been using Microsoft Money for years and love it. I tried to log in tonight and my password doesn't work. I reset my password and it still didn't work
    Wednesday, October 12, 2016 2:17 AM

All replies

• To be safe, copy your *.mbf and *.mny files to other media. This will cover you if your hard drive fails. Disconnect from the Internet.  Start Money, and log in offline. While you already tried to change your LiveID, you must use the
    credentials that were in effect at the time that you saved that Money file.

Note the password part of the credentials is case-sensitive. If you are confident that you know the password and email address that was in effect before your attempt to change it, then your best action may be to restore a backup file. You will get the choice to change the filename of the restored file if you don't want to take the default of overwriting your latest *.mny file.

If the newest backup does not work, try your second-newest backup.

Once inside of your file, to remove the Live ID, go to File-PasswordManager, and choose to remove your LiveID. Do that. Go to a conventional password if you want a password.  To remove or add a conventional password, see File->PasswordManager.

Wednesday, October 12, 2016 2:47 AM
  • exactly the same problem happened to me just now
    Saturday, October 15, 2016 6:58 AM
  • What have you done about it since you found this thread?
    Saturday, October 15, 2016 12:18 PM