how to assign some 5k of my accounts to other groups RRS feed

• Question

• install is version 4.0, I imported data via data migration tool to leads, it assigned all of the client to my user account.  I would like to assign the some 5k to the 3 different groups.  The only way I can find out how to share the accounts to other goups is at a page at a time.  Can anyone help

Thanks in advance.
    Wednesday, July 8, 2009 2:40 AM

Answers

• This is unsupported but you can change the record count per page from 250 to 1000.  If you make this change, Darren's suggestion should work well as you will only have to go through 5 pages.  You may want to consider changing this back when you are done.  Keep in mind that it is not a suppported change.

Here are the instructions provided by David Jennaway:

This can be changed in an unsupported way via SQL. The value is stored in the PagingLimit column of the usersettingsbase table, and you can update it to whatever value you want, though I'd set it back to a valid value prior to editing a user's settings, or upgrading CRM
    Best Regards, Donna
    • Proposed as answer by Donna EdwardsMVP Wednesday, July 8, 2009 10:15 PM
    • Marked as answer by Rob_Neilen Saturday, July 11, 2009 12:45 AM
    Wednesday, July 8, 2009 10:15 PM

All replies

• It should be pretty simple, use Advanced Find to find the records that you want to assign, then select the records and click the Assign button on the menu bar.

Yes, you have to do it one page at a time. 

I hope this helps.
    Darren Liu | 刘嘉鸿 | MS CRM MVP | English Blog: http://msdynamicscrm-e.blogspot.com | Chinese Blog: http://liudarren.spaces.live.com
    Wednesday, July 8, 2009 5:23 AM
  • As CRM only allows 250 records per page, it would be difficult to assign records this way. Here is some simple stepts to solve your problem. 1. You can create a simple console application which would retrive accounts based on certain condition. 2. Assign these accounts to different groups. This method might take some time however it is better than manual. You can use below code of owner assignment
    SecurityPrincipal assignee = new SecurityPrincipal(); 
    assignee.Type = SecurityPrincipalType.User; 
    assignee.PrincipalId = Userid; // took the Current User from your code 
    TargetOwnedIncident target = new TargetOwnedIncident(); 
    target.EntityId = new Guid(arrGuids[i].ToString()); 
    AssignRequest assign = new AssignRequest(); 
    assign.Assignee = assignee;
    assign.Target = target; 
    AssignResponse assignResponse = (AssignResponse)service.Execute(assign); 

Jai Ho CRM http://mscrmkb.blogspot.com Skype - amol.gholap
    Wednesday, July 8, 2009 6:31 PM
  • This is unsupported but you can change the record count per page from 250 to 1000.  If you make this change, Darren's suggestion should work well as you will only have to go through 5 pages.  You may want to consider changing this back when you are done.  Keep in mind that it is not a suppported change.

Here are the instructions provided by David Jennaway:

This can be changed in an unsupported way via SQL. The value is stored in the PagingLimit column of the usersettingsbase table, and you can update it to whatever value you want, though I'd set it back to a valid value prior to editing a user's settings, or upgrading CRM
    Best Regards, Donna
    • Proposed as answer by Donna EdwardsMVP Wednesday, July 8, 2009 10:15 PM
    • Marked as answer by Rob_Neilen Saturday, July 11, 2009 12:45 AM
    Wednesday, July 8, 2009 10:15 PM