Microsoft Money Plus on Windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• Computer crash could not be resolved. Computer rebuilt with Microsoft 10. All data saved from prior drive but no programs. Where can I download the Microsoft Money Plus that will work on Windows 10? Any downloads I find gives me the following error message: "The AUTORUN.INF file is missing or corrupt. Prior information on forum tells me to Open Regedit, gives me the location of the Version registry and tells me to modify the value. It shows a default value of 9.11.10240.16384 and tells  me to modify to 9.11.10240.0. However, when I reach Version my default value is 9.11.17134.0. 

How can I get access to all my years of data now that I have Windows 10?

Sunday, January 13, 2019 2:57 PM

All replies

• Did you download the Money Plus installation file from the link in the second "sticky" thread in this forum:

https://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/479281b2-90f9-42ca-85f7-644fc6e1e5c3/download-microsoft-money-installation-files-solve-activation-and-some-other-errors?forum=money

As for the registry change, I don't know about the version change, but this post:

https://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d5aa1dc8-7b75-43c4-9a5b-836d09b41b0f/i-can-not-install-money-sunset-edition?forum=money

describes a different registry change that may work for you.  Let us know how you make out.

Bill Becker

Sunday, January 13, 2019 4:10 PM
  • Do NOT change the IE version in the registry.
    The change was only needed in the original version of Windows 10 and then only before the first Cumulative Update to Windows 10 in August 2015.

Autorun does not work in Windows 10: it is a security risk which Windows 10 blocks.
    Copy the disk contents, or extract the files from the Zip or other archive, to your system and run the setup program directly.

The second, sticky post in this forum gives links to installation media.
    You must use the correct regional version of Money. An incorrect regional version will not be able to open your .mny data file.

Sunday, January 13, 2019 6:53 PM