Media Center Connector does not install on XP, Vista RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I just got a new Acer Aspire easyStore H340 which runs WHS 1. Things generally seem to work OK but I'm having trouble making my networked PCs run Media Center connected to the server. I have installed and re-installed the Windows Media Center Connector several times and rebooted too. Somehow the connector is not getting installed because the shortcut in the start menu will simply re-install it rather than starting the actual connector. At least that's how I think it's supposed to work, based on the help file. Needless to say my Media Centers don't see the WHS library. I've ensured that the WHS settings allow Windows Media Center sharing to all folders that have music in them.

I can probably make this work with Media Monkey but I really don't like stuff that doesn't work, especially when it's all made by the same company (Microsoft). Can someone please help? This should be easy right out of the box.

I have similar problems using XP Media Center Edition and Vista Home Ultimate 64bit.

I searched this forum and found related threads but nothing quite like this. Perhaps I used the wrong search terms. Please point me in the right direction if this is an FAQ.

My WHS is fully updated but I don't know which power pack it runs. I did not purposely install any. Perhaps it gets added by the updates?

Thanks!

Sander

Wednesday, December 22, 2010 6:36 PM