WHS Taskbar Icon RRS feed

• Question

• Apologies if this sounds dumb.

Had problems with "Vail" Beta 1 & gave up trying (router access denied, & couldn't get it resolved).  Have just successfully installed Beta refreshed & everything went smoothly.

I found the connector installation pretty good compared to WHS v1's disk.

Now for my problem...should there be an icon on the taskbar once the connector software has been installed on a client? 

Have installed it correctly on my main workstation but there is no icon on the taskbar or desktop.

Edit: - Workstation is running Windows 7 professional

• Edited by Sirius B Friday, September 10, 2010 9:35 PM O/S type
    Friday, September 10, 2010 9:33 PM

Answers

• On my own machines when the connector installed no icon was created on the taskbar. If you go into into programs from the start orb you should find the launcher shortcut.

From the first reboot onwards the "Launchpad" automatically runs creating a faily large window on the desktop. If you close the window, it creates the icon you are expecting in the system tray bottom right.

Dave

• Marked as answer by Sirius B Friday, September 10, 2010 10:16 PM
    Friday, September 10, 2010 9:57 PM

All replies

• On my own machines when the connector installed no icon was created on the taskbar. If you go into into programs from the start orb you should find the launcher shortcut.

From the first reboot onwards the "Launchpad" automatically runs creating a faily large window on the desktop. If you close the window, it creates the icon you are expecting in the system tray bottom right.

Dave

• Marked as answer by Sirius B Friday, September 10, 2010 10:16 PM
    Friday, September 10, 2010 9:57 PM

Dave

Thanks, that's much appreciated.
    Friday, September 10, 2010 10:16 PM