none
Virtual Labs - Can someone please explain?! RRS feed

• Question

• As you may well know - Microsoft offer a very cool learning tool in the form of Virtual Labs (https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/virtuallabs/default)

This seems like an amazing idea and it all loads up nice and smoothly on my PC, no need for downloading or installing, just works within the browser - great for learning and improving skills in an environment which you cannot break. However... I'm not sure if I'm understanding this correctly or whether I'm supposed to be following a book or I should just know what needs to be done for each of these labs???

Let's take this for example...
    Lab Name: Windows Server 2012 R2 Access and Information Protection Lab
    Lab Description: 
    In this lab, you will learn how to configure and deploy the new access and information protection features in Windows 2012 R2 including the following scenarios: Join to Workplace from Any Device for SSO and Seamless Second Factor Authentication Across Company Applications Connect to Applications and Services from Anywhere with Web Application Proxy Manage Risk with Multi-Factor Access Control Manage Risk with Additional Multi-Factor Authentication for Sensitive Applications

That's great... but where is the reading material for this? Some steps to take me through a section if I get lost? Where are specific tasks/questions? Any background information on the current errors?

So confused!! Thank you in advance!

Sunday, March 22, 2015 9:23 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Great that you discovered the labs! I discoverd them a while back and have taken several. As i experienced there is always an accompanied .pdf file that comes with the labs. This will tell you what steps you need to take and what exercises you need to do. In the virtual labs you will find the directory that has the directory set up with the necessasty files and documentation. So in the virtual environment open the windows explorer and browse the documents dirtectory. I always work with a double screen, the first one with the lab environment and the other one with the .pdf files open.

I have to say that the SQL labs are my favorite :-)

Maurice

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer. Thank You

• Proposed as answer by Mr. WhartyModerator Monday, March 23, 2015 1:41 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Pendulum_7 Monday, March 23, 2015 6:40 PM
    • Marked as answer by Pendulum_7 Monday, March 23, 2015 6:43 PM
    Sunday, March 22, 2015 10:03 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Great that you discovered the labs! I discoverd them a while back and have taken several. As i experienced there is always an accompanied .pdf file that comes with the labs. This will tell you what steps you need to take and what exercises you need to do. In the virtual labs you will find the directory that has the directory set up with the necessasty files and documentation. So in the virtual environment open the windows explorer and browse the documents dirtectory. I always work with a double screen, the first one with the lab environment and the other one with the .pdf files open.

I have to say that the SQL labs are my favorite :-)

Maurice

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer. Thank You

• Proposed as answer by Mr. WhartyModerator Monday, March 23, 2015 1:41 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Pendulum_7 Monday, March 23, 2015 6:40 PM
    • Marked as answer by Pendulum_7 Monday, March 23, 2015 6:43 PM
    Sunday, March 22, 2015 10:03 PM
  • Thank you so much, this was driving me nuts! Didn't think to look within the actual lab itself... Much appreciated.

Edit: For anyone that has problems with this, open the lab and you will find the documents on the right hand side of the screen after clicking the green square.

• Edited by Pendulum_7 Monday, March 23, 2015 6:45 PM
    Monday, March 23, 2015 11:59 AM