Have a genuine windows but it says I do not. RRS feed

• Question

• I work in a computer lab and cannot have all the computers displaying that MS Windows is not legal.  I cannot be installing Geunine Advantage again it on all the computers when MS feels like making us bend over and JUMP thru more HOOPS, (something they are infamous for).

Genuine Advantage is just a Spy ware.  How to you turn it off, disable the service etc.

I do not need updates so I do not care about so called Benefits.

I have had to spend hours getting software to work that worked before updating windows.  I do not do updates.

I am going to recommended IT going to Linux it costs less and has no built in SPY WARE and crashes less than MicroCrap software.

Tuesday, July 8, 2008 4:48 PM

Answers

• Customer,

Please read http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/ before visiting the WGA Forum and making comments. Genuine Advantage is here to protect everyone from Companies to individual users. I am sorry you feel this way but I do encourage you to read the information @ the genuine website. 

If we may help you please let us know what we may do for you our valued customer :-).

Thank you

Stephen Holm, MS
    WGA Forum Manager

Tuesday, July 8, 2008 5:18 PM

All replies

• Are you experiencing an issue with WGA?  If so, please clarify what the issue is if you want some troubleshooting advice.

WGA is not spyware.  And attempting to convert to Linux will cost a whole lot more than you think because of all the time-consuming labor involved to try to delpoy, implement and train people.

Tuesday, July 8, 2008 5:03 PM
  • Customer,

Please read http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/ before visiting the WGA Forum and making comments. Genuine Advantage is here to protect everyone from Companies to individual users. I am sorry you feel this way but I do encourage you to read the information @ the genuine website. 

If we may help you please let us know what we may do for you our valued customer :-).

Thank you

Stephen Holm, MS
    WGA Forum Manager

Tuesday, July 8, 2008 5:18 PM