Network Security Key RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I hope someone will be able to help me. I just bought a new computer and I am trying to get it hook up to my internet connection. The connection is called Onecare with numbers as they all are. The original laptop that had all the information on it (Which was my old one) had all the information taken off it and the hard drive cleaned off by my husband before I could establish the setting for the internet connection. When I try to connect to it automatically it won't connect. When I try to manually connect it asked me for the network security key and I can not find it on the one lap top that is connected to the network. Please get me in touch with someone that can help me find the key or can look it up in my records? Thanks for the help in advance.

Bobette

Sunday, August 10, 2008 3:02 AM

Answers

• On the back of your router there is a reset button. Depress the reset button for 30 seconds and your router security will be reset to the factory default. Restart your computer and you should then be able to connect to the internet but your network will not be secured. You can now secure your network manually by going to your router set up page or use One Care to secure your wireless network.

Sunday, August 10, 2008 5:30 AM