Remote Access denied RRS feed

• Question

• I had remote access working fine, but working with the router to get one of my pc's re-connected I somehow have lost remote access to the ASUS TS Mini SOHO server I installed--it is running Windows Home Server 2003.  When I run the Repair Remote Access...the first two check run ok, but now I get a red x on the third/last run "Verifying that your remote Web site is available from the internet."  I have tried to correct, but I don't know what other action to take.  Because I installed a secruity camera DVR with DDNS access.  I configured the Port Forwarding function according to instructions, and it appears there is no conflict with the DVR & the WHS.  Anyone have any ideas on what I should focus on?
    JD "highly motivated people see the usual in unusual ways," anonymous.
    Sunday, May 30, 2010 7:53 PM

All replies

• I had remote access working fine, but working with the router to get one of my pc's re-connected I somehow have lost remote access to the ASUS TS Mini SOHO server I installed--it is running Windows Home Server 2003.  When I run the Repair Remote Access...the first two check run ok, but now I get a red x on the third/last run "Verifying that your remote Web site is available from the internet."  I have tried to correct, but I don't know what other action to take.  Because I installed a secruity camera DVR with DDNS access.  I configured the Port Forwarding function according to instructions, and it appears there is no conflict with the DVR & the WHS.  Anyone have any ideas on what I should focus on?
    First, installing any kind of application on the server is unsupported.  You should try uninstalling the security camera software and see if it helps.  Other than that, have you tried accessing your website from outside your LAN anyway (ignoring the fact that it says it's unavailable)?  Other users have had the same message, yet the website works fine.
    Sunday, May 30, 2010 10:26 PM
  • I don't see how the webcam would have anything to do with this error, but I will look into checking the web access from outside the LAN.  Thanx 4 taking time to reply
    Monday, May 31, 2010 12:39 AM