Promise RAID and Server Storage RRS feed

• Question

• I have the Promise TX 2300 and it works perfectly on Windows Home Server. The only issue I have found is that under the WHS Console is it wants me 2 wipe the raid and start over so that it can see it as a backup space. I don't like this at all. The drive is seen under "My Computer" however not under "Server Storage" is there anyway to fix this without wiping the drives because that is a HUGE hassle. Also I edited media connect to share my music folder on these raid drives to my 360 and that works fine as well, just want to get this last thing working properly.  Any suggestions?
    Thursday, April 26, 2007 6:13 AM

Answers

• No, there is no way to add your RAID to WHS without allowing WHS to format the array. This is laid out clearly in the documentation. WHS needs to have full control of the hardware it's using.

As for editing Media Connect, while it's possible to do so, you should probably leave WHS to manage media sharing. It's not intended to be used as a desktop system, where you're tweaking it regularly. It's designed to be bought preinstalled on hardware like the HP MediaSmart Server, brought home, and put in a corner somewhere out of the way.
    Thursday, April 26, 2007 11:37 AM