intersoltours.com not crawled RRS feed

• Question

• Live search will not crawl my site. I have high rankings on several hundred search engines and cant even get a crawl from live search. It seems to be that the new system Microsoft is using is lame at best. Google has a great system as does yahoo and they both have new webmaster tools. The difference is, theirs function. I can always depend on Microsoft to deliver quality in all of their broken products.

How do i get assistance with this issue?

Tuesday, January 1, 2008 3:37 AM

Answers

•  

Nologic420,

Looking at your site, it appears that it is just not ranking well for the topic area.  Live Search website ranking is completely automated. The Live Search ranking algorithm analyzes factors such as web page content, the number and quality of websites that link to your pages, and the relevance of your website’s content to keywords. The algorithm is complex and is never human-mediated. You can't pay to boost your website’s relevance ranking;

Given your message above about flash and txt in images, you may have challenges improving your rank.  Our indexing guidelines may be of help to you. 

Jeremiah

Thursday, January 3, 2008 10:25 PM

All replies

• I'm having the same problem and so are a few other webmasters/SEOs. What I've come up with so far is making sure you have a sitemap and that MS is aware of it. Funny thing is MS used to be really good about this sort of thing. Now it is clearly lagging. New links don't even seem to wake the bot.
    Thursday, January 3, 2008 8:24 PM
  • I submitted through live search and then through add a link and even pinged the webmaster with my site file. Eventually only my index page was indexed. Webmaster tools says two pages were indexed but I only find the one.

Funny thing is, they indexed this complaint right away and I could find it from almost every search engine including live search.

And to add insult to injury, they gave me a Rating of 1. Granted the site is not currently loaded with content but it is original content and includes some pretty cool videos and photos of Acapulco Mexico. I think one thing that affects my rating is that I dont use text, I put text in my images in an attempt to thwart Text Copy Cats. It is a real problem in Mexico. Web Creators that don't speak English like to copy my text and pass it off as their own. I use flash for my images for the same reason.

SO Since Complaints are so heavily advertised by live seach....

VISIT http://www.intersoltours.com

Thursday, January 3, 2008 8:38 PM
  •  

Nologic420,

Looking at your site, it appears that it is just not ranking well for the topic area.  Live Search website ranking is completely automated. The Live Search ranking algorithm analyzes factors such as web page content, the number and quality of websites that link to your pages, and the relevance of your website’s content to keywords. The algorithm is complex and is never human-mediated. You can't pay to boost your website’s relevance ranking;

Given your message above about flash and txt in images, you may have challenges improving your rank.  Our indexing guidelines may be of help to you. 

Jeremiah

Thursday, January 3, 2008 10:25 PM
  • I appreciate your response.

Friday, January 4, 2008 5:35 AM
  • OK.. Live search has not even looked at my site since 12/31/07 that’s what 2 months nearly.

I have looked over the indexing guidelines again. My site conforms. I can't eliminate all of the flash and java, nor would I ever be so inclined.

Yahoo and Google crawl on a regular basis, have indexed all of my pages....

What does it take to appease the Microsoft Gods? Do I need to sacrifice a lamb or something?

I can’t really blame Microsoft for wanting to buy Yahoo! As it seems your search engine is not user friendly.

I am not angry with the forum admins… I am angry with the fact that I have a nice site and can’t get a crawl.

Wednesday, February 27, 2008 1:14 AM