none
Question about - Certification Upgrade Path MCSA Windows Server 2008 > MCSA: Windows Server 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• Good day all

I'm confused by the Certification Upgrade Path MCSA Windows Server 2008 > MCSA: Windows Server 2016

I was under the impression that passing Exam 70-743 is all that is required.

Candidates for this exam are IT professionals who implement the Windows Server 2016 core infrastructure services.

However, the certification planner on the MCP dashboard makes it look as if I would need to complete the MCSA: Windows Server 2012 upgrade exam Exam 70-417 as well?

Basicly - If i put the effort in to pass Exam 70-743 will I have earned the MCSA 2016?

I'd be extermely grateful if someone could give me a definitive answer.

Many thanks!

Tuesday, August 14, 2018 8:19 PM

Answers

• HI RoughNeck,

It is slightly ambiguous, but you only need to pass two requirements.

Each section tells you how many of those requirements must come from it.

The first section, you need Exam 743 as one of your two.

In the next section, you only need one of the available two .. from which you already have the MCSA in 2008. If you were to also have your MCSA in 2012, you would still need to pass your 743 as you can only use one of the two requirements in the Prerequisites section.

Charlie Coverdale

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, August 14, 2018 8:31 PM

All replies

• HI RoughNeck,

It is slightly ambiguous, but you only need to pass two requirements.

Each section tells you how many of those requirements must come from it.

The first section, you need Exam 743 as one of your two.

In the next section, you only need one of the available two .. from which you already have the MCSA in 2008. If you were to also have your MCSA in 2012, you would still need to pass your 743 as you can only use one of the two requirements in the Prerequisites section.

Charlie Coverdale

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, August 14, 2018 8:31 PM
  • Thank you!

-------------------- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) - Windows Server® 2008 Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) - Windows 7® Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP): Enterprise Administrator Microsoft Certified IT Professional(MCITP): Server Administrator Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP): Enterprise Desktop Support Technician 7

Tuesday, August 14, 2018 9:46 PM