How to customise the 'search a record' searches RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am using Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0

I would like to add an additional searchable field to the quick find 'search a record' section.

I added the field i would like to be able to search within the Advanced Find View, however when i try to search on this field e.g Invoice number, the search does not pic any records even though the invoice number I am searching does exist and is on an active case.  

Is there anything else i would need to do in order to get this working as I have only added the field column to the advanced find view and not done any additional linking

Any help with this will really be appreciated.

Thank you

• Edited by Kully88 Friday, August 23, 2013 1:34 PM
    Friday, August 23, 2013 1:33 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

You mentioned that you would like to add a field to quick find. Please note that the quick find is different from the advanced find view.

When you want to add an additional field that you would like to search-on using quick find then you have to customize the quick find view of the entity.

Go To 'Forms and Views' section of the entity customization --> Open Quick Find View and Click 'Add Find Columns'. Select the desired fields here.

What this does is to add the additional search criteria for the quick find view.

HTH

Mamta

Friday, August 23, 2013 2:10 PM
  • Hi Mamta,

Thank you for your response, Sorry I have added it to the quick find view and it is still not working

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Kully

Friday, August 23, 2013 2:18 PM
  • Hi Kully,

If you can share the details, Pls mention the field & entity that you are trying to search on.

Mamta

Friday, August 23, 2013 3:18 PM
  • Hi Mamta,

Thank you for getting back to me, I am trying to search on the Invoice Number within a custom entity called SIL. I have added the invoice number to the Quick find however the seach is not bringing back any results even though i know the invoice number i am searching on is correct and does contain data.

Any advice?

Thank you

Tuesday, September 3, 2013 2:02 PM
  • Have you saved and publish the customization

Regards Faisal

Tuesday, September 3, 2013 2:06 PM
  • Hi Faisal,

Thank you for your response. I have saved and published it however, still not working. Any ideas?

Thanks

Tuesday, September 3, 2013 3:14 PM
  • Try to reset IIS and then check.

Our Website | Our Blog | Follow US | My Facebook Page | Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Application Design
    Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

• Edited by HIMBAPModerator Tuesday, September 3, 2013 4:19 PM
    • Marked as answer by Kully88 Wednesday, October 2, 2013 8:48 AM
    Tuesday, September 3, 2013 4:18 PM