Using VS 2015 Prof and VB Web aplication - Attempting to create a page on the web to write text or MS Words text. RRS feed

• Question

• I am using VS 2015, and VB  in a Web application.   What type of page do I create that will allow  me to create documentation using either a MS Word or a text documentation on how to use the software application. I wish to use this in a HELP Button.  Any help would be appreciate.

Edcal

Tuesday, February 20, 2018 3:12 AM

Answers

• What you call a web application? Often persons are than simply talking about a webpage. 

If that is the case, then first look for what people you arfe making this. There are not much applications which can do that. The user has to give permissions. 

If it is not meant for a private public, forget it, because your application is mostly always seen as something like ransomware. 

If your application is a kind of Desktop application, which uses data from a web server, take than a look in WFC or database solutions.

Success
    Cor

Tuesday, February 20, 2018 12:50 PM
  • I am looking for a page that I the developer can write instruction on how to use the application.  Like a Help page.   The user of the application will not be writing on the page.  Only the developer will write on the web page.

Edcal

Monday, February 26, 2018 10:35 PM
  • I am looking for a page that I the developer can write instruction on how to use the application.  Like a Help page.   The user of the application will not be writing on the page.  Only the developer will write on the web page.

Edcal

Do you want to clarify this? You are talking VB and posting in a VB forum. So I doubt that you are using JavaScript and HTML. What are you using? ASP.NET or what?
    Monday, February 26, 2018 10:53 PM

All replies

• ASP.NET Web applications, because that's what you will be using with VB.NET, can be discussed at the ASP.NET forums.

http://forums.asp.net/

Tuesday, February 20, 2018 11:23 AM
  • What you call a web application? Often persons are than simply talking about a webpage. 

If that is the case, then first look for what people you arfe making this. There are not much applications which can do that. The user has to give permissions. 

If it is not meant for a private public, forget it, because your application is mostly always seen as something like ransomware. 

If your application is a kind of Desktop application, which uses data from a web server, take than a look in WFC or database solutions.

Success
    Cor

Tuesday, February 20, 2018 12:50 PM

Edcal

Monday, February 26, 2018 10:35 PM

Edcal

Do you want to clarify this? You are talking VB and posting in a VB forum. So I doubt that you are using JavaScript and HTML. What are you using? ASP.NET or what?
    Monday, February 26, 2018 10:53 PM