Can I continue using Live one care after the subscription expires RRS feed

• Question

• OK, so you're discontinuing Live One Care! Can I still use it unsupported after the subsciption expires, Espescially the backup feature. Or am I better off wipping my NAS and getting a 3rd party backup software that has a better track record and longevity.
    For the money spent and trust betrayed, it is very disappointing but typical of microsoft to pull this kind of bulls__t. Kinda makes Apple, Lynx and cloud computing look that much more appealing. I don't care if you reply to the secound half of this question, I'm just venting at this point...
    F.Y.I to anyone whom reads this and feels akin, IOBIT has a comperable program called Advanced System Care availible for free plus a purchase-able full featured version that you might want to check out, I especially like their defrag utility.
    Sunday, January 10, 2010 3:57 AM

Answers

• One Care should be uninstalled when a subscription expires because without updated malware signatures protection will be greatly diminished and backup will no longer function. Most of the One Care features such as backup and defrag are already built in to Vista and Windows 7 and the free Microsoft Security Essentials can be used for malware protection - http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/

Jim
    Microsoft MVP Consumer Security - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Sunday, January 10, 2010 1:14 PM