Add web reference error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm trying to add the CrmService to a windows application, i'm getting the following error:

Configuration Error
    Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.  This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS.

1- how to solve this error?

2- i'm doing this in order to put the code that will allow me to pass information to CRM 4.0 and create an account. So should i create a windows application or web application for this code?

(it's the first time i use CRM webservices)

Any help concerning this will be appreciated.
    Wednesday, September 10, 2008 12:25 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I found a solution for my problem.

I got the right URL to type in the Add Web Reference by having in from "Download Web Service Description Files" from the Settings part of CRM.

Regards

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 7:42 AM

All replies

• Few questions:

1. Are you using VS 2005 or 2008?  If you are using VS 2008, make sure you are actually createing a web reference not a service reference.

2. What is the address of the CRM you are currently using? 

3. For the custom application that you are creating, isn't there a requirement for creating it as a windows application or web application?  If not, it will depends on the users.  Will the application be used by alot of users managing MS CRM data?  If this is true, you should create a web applicaiton otherwise, you can create a windows application that will only installed into only a few user's computer.  BTW, both Windows application and web application can reference a CRM web service.

Wednesday, September 10, 2008 6:25 PM
  • Hi,

I found a solution for my problem.

I got the right URL to type in the Add Web Reference by having in from "Download Web Service Description Files" from the Settings part of CRM.

Regards

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 7:42 AM