Bug report: content of two tabs showing on one page RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

I recently started getting this nasty error, in which the contents of two tabs shows up on one tab. I am currently using Mozilla Firefox 3.0.1 as browser, I haven't tried other browsers.

I've taken two screenshots:
    http://i34.tinypic.com/25hzt6w.png  (not signed in)
    http://i33.tinypic.com/2n6hogy.png  (signed in)

As you can see on these shots, there is an active tab, which loads perfectly. Above or below it is the contents of another tab, which doesn't load, it just lays around.

Can somebody reproduce this problem, or give me a solution for it?
    Tuesday, August 12, 2008 1:14 PM

Answers

• Hi Alex, thanks for the report.  I've logged a bug for this error so that we can investigate.

Can you try the following to see if this resolves the issue:

1. Login to My.live.com
    2. Select the tab that is displaying incorrectly
    3. Click "Share"
    4. Select "Send a link in E-mail", then click OK
    5. Copy the generated URL, open a new browser tab and enter the URL
    6. When prompted, click Yes to add the collection

The page should be added without any errors.   If the page looks clean, repeat with the other tab that was being merged, then delete the problem tabs.   Please let me know if that works.

Jason Garza, Program Manager
    Tuesday, August 12, 2008 7:37 PM

All replies

• Hi Alex, thanks for the report.  I've logged a bug for this error so that we can investigate.

Can you try the following to see if this resolves the issue:

1. Login to My.live.com
    2. Select the tab that is displaying incorrectly
    3. Click "Share"
    4. Select "Send a link in E-mail", then click OK
    5. Copy the generated URL, open a new browser tab and enter the URL
    6. When prompted, click Yes to add the collection

The page should be added without any errors.   If the page looks clean, repeat with the other tab that was being merged, then delete the problem tabs.   Please let me know if that works.

Jason Garza, Program Manager
    Tuesday, August 12, 2008 7:37 PM
  • Jason,
    I had the same error as Alex, but using IE6. Unfortunately it happened on all tabs.
    Your work around works, and strangely doing it to one tab removed the duplication from all tabs.
    Thanks for this
    • Edited by foaf Wednesday, August 13, 2008 2:59 PM issue resolved
    Wednesday, August 13, 2008 2:24 PM
  • I think I can clarify this a bit further:

A few minutes ago, I was browsing my.live.com on my desktop, I had one of the tabs open (not my first tab)... I closed Firefox 3.0.1 and logged off. Since I am using a roaming profile, my Firefox-profile got copied to my server.

I grabbed my laptop, logged on, got my roaming profile from there, and started Firefox. It started loading my.live.com, showing the other tab, loading it. After that, the page toggled to the first page and loaded the content from that page, placing it above the other boxes.

During all this I was not signed in to my.live.com. I just switched to another page, signed in, and the same thing happened.
    • Edited by Alex van Herwijnen Sunday, August 17, 2008 10:47 PM Added bit about being signed in.
    Sunday, August 17, 2008 10:47 PM
  • The problem still occurs here, I've tried duplicating the page as Jason mentioned before, but that didn't help.

Oh, and I can't move the tab around like I could before, after a reload it is back at it's original place again.
    Sunday, October 12, 2008 4:51 PM