none
DirectX Forum

Question

• Hi,

I would like to know where I can post questions related to DirectX 11, I'm having problem trying to render a NV12 texture in a DirectX C++ application and I need help but I can't find a proper forum to post my question.
    Monday, March 27, 2017 9:08 PM

Answers

All replies

• The retirement notice sticky here;

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsapps/en-US/c9f499f0-52b3-41ba-8022-f4fbb94dbb34/the-building-windows-store-games-with-directx-forum-is-retiring?forum=wingameswithdirectx

is directing users to post in Developing Universal Windows apps forum

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsapps/en-US/home?forum=wpdevelop

or also try over here.

http://xboxforums.create.msdn.com/forums/76.aspx

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Monday, March 27, 2017 9:14 PM
  • The Developing Universal Windows apps forum is specifically for developing UWP apps (the retirement notice Dave quotes was from a forum specifically for Windows Store apps, a precursor to UWP apps). If you have questions about DX in a desktop app then they're off topic in that forum. There is quite a bit of overlap, but not complete.

Monday, March 27, 2017 10:09 PM
  • The Developing Universal Windows apps forum is specifically for developing UWP apps (the retirement notice Dave quotes was from a forum specifically for Windows Store apps, a precursor to UWP apps). If you have questions about DX in a desktop app then they're off topic in that forum. There is quite a bit of overlap, but not complete.

Maybe you can get the forum owner to remove the sticky.

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Monday, March 27, 2017 10:29 PM
  • The sticky is correct. Posts that previously went to the Building Windows Store games with DirectX  forum now go to the Developing Universal Windows apps forum.

Windows Desktop application development (with or without DirectX) is off topic in both.

See the Welcome to the Developing Universal Windows apps forum! post in the UWP forum and linked in the sticky for more details about the topics covered in the Developing Universal Windows apps forum.

Desktop app development discussion generally belongs on the Windows Desktop Development  forums. Since there isn't a specific DX forum, General Windows Desktop Development Issues may be most appropriate (but I don't follow that forum so I don't know for sure).

Monday, March 27, 2017 10:54 PM
  • Ok, thanks Rob.

Monday, March 27, 2017 10:56 PM