User has changed thread type? RRS feed

• Question

• I got a message that a  user had changed my thread type. How can that be? Also when I cliked on the link I got message that IE had a "connection problem"  not available

braxx20
    Friday, August 12, 2011 5:45 PM

Answers

• Moderators change thread types form time to time when the topic needs it. Sometimes people post questions that are really discussions and vice versa.
    Community Forums Program Manager
    Friday, August 12, 2011 10:46 PM
    Answerer
  • To piggyback on Brent's answer, you can go in there and change it back (or ask that they don't change it back). You need to listen to them if they have a valid point, though. For example, if you have more of a discussion topic than an actual question with a "right answer" -- then that should be marked as a dicussion.

Hope this helps!

Ed Price a.k.a User Ed, Microsoft Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)
    Friday, October 14, 2011 10:11 PM

All replies

• Moderators change thread types form time to time when the topic needs it. Sometimes people post questions that are really discussions and vice versa.
    Community Forums Program Manager
    Friday, August 12, 2011 10:46 PM
    Answerer
  • To piggyback on Brent's answer, you can go in there and change it back (or ask that they don't change it back). You need to listen to them if they have a valid point, though. For example, if you have more of a discussion topic than an actual question with a "right answer" -- then that should be marked as a dicussion.

Hope this helps!

Ed Price a.k.a User Ed, Microsoft Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)
    Friday, October 14, 2011 10:11 PM