Help migrating exported data in CSV format from MS Money 2003 Standard into MS Money Plus Home & Business Sunset Version RRS feed

• Question

• I need to migrate my data from Microsoft Money 2003 Standard into Microsoft Money Plus Home & Business Version 17.0.150.

I have tried the long route with .qif files but the only data that came across looks like transfers between accounts.

At this point the best I can do is to create Account Transactions and Investment Transactions reports in MS Money 2003 that I can export to Excel as .csv files (the “Send To” options do not work as MS Money hangs/ or in the case of send to xml ie produces produces emtpy xml data).  The data in the .csv files looks fine. Anyone able to help with the next step of moving from the .csv file into the sunset version? (I am using Windows 7)

Thursday, October 13, 2011 12:08 PM

All replies

• And just opening your M03 Standard data file into M+ H&B doesn't work because you are changing localized versions?

There is no way to directly import CSV. QIF should work--with a lot o limitations--so I'm at a loss, without fiurther informaiton, why your QIF imports failed.

Friday, October 14, 2011 1:26 PM
  • Thanks Dick.  I am halfway there - I managed to convert M03 into Money 2005 IntlEngl - QFE2 version.  My next step is to try QIF

export from Money 2005 IntlEngl - QFE2 to see if I can bring it into M+ H&B, although I am wondering if I will be achieving much by doing this vs just staying on Money 2005 IntlEngl - QFE2.  Any insights appreciated - is M+ a much improved version of Money compared to Money 2005 IntlEngl - QFE2.  (Other than the Business features in M+ H&B)?

Monday, October 17, 2011 7:38 AM
  • The only change I'm thinking of between M05 and M+ that may be worth the headache you face is "Nuke the Bills." It's a "repair" method that has solved severe performance and stability problems for some users because Money Bills can't clean up after itself any other way. It's pretty ugly--it wipes every drop of bill information--but if you need it, you need it badly.
    Tuesday, October 18, 2011 12:46 AM