Drive not showing RRS feed

• Question

• I installed WHS, OME verson over the trial version of WHS, and can not see my 2 other SATA drives. I have WHS a 200gb IDE drive and had the 2 other drives as drive E and F. I have tried to add a drive letter using Disk Management in the Computer Management control panel, but it will not allow me to add a drive number, and want me to conver the disk to Dynamic or MBR, I am afraid that if I do I will have to format the disk and loose all of the data. 
    Saturday, July 10, 2010 10:28 PM

All replies

• I installed WHS, OME verson over the trial version of WHS, and can not see my 2 other SATA drives. I have WHS a 200gb IDE drive and had the 2 other drives as drive E and F. I have tried to add a drive letter using Disk Management in the Computer Management control panel, but it will not allow me to add a drive number, and want me to conver the disk to Dynamic or MBR, I am afraid that if I do I will have to format the disk and loose all of the data. 
    In sounds like your Reinstallation didn't work.  Did you install the drivers for those 2 SATA drives during your reinstallation (so that all 3 drives were visible in the Load Additional Storage Drivers window)?  If not, that's your problem.  You could try doing another Server Reinstallation (making sure all 3 drives are visible in that Storage Drivers window).  However, since you completed this installation without them as part of the pool, that probably won't work.  If not, your only option is to copy the data from one of those drives to the storage pool, then once you've copied everything from that drive, add it to the storage pool (because when you add a drive to the storage pool, it automatically gets formatted).  There is no way to add a drive to the storage pool outside of the Console.
    Saturday, July 10, 2010 10:56 PM