New Disc RRS feed

• Question

• I installed a new disc version today, my previous version was not to expire until 7/22. Did not remember previous log in and created a new one. How do I receive new service as an extension and how can I be sure that I will not be billed for automatic update of old version? Finally, why did I need to uninstall old version rather than just being able to enter new product key?
    Wednesday, July 1, 2009 1:59 PM

Answers

• renewal with a product key was discontinued last month as part of the process to retire OneCare. New subscriptions will no longer be allowed by the end of 2009.
    Since you began a new subscription early, you now have two concurrent subscriptions and they can't be combined. Your new subscription will be fully supported for its 12 month life, but you will be provided with information on how to switch to the new Microsoft Security Essentials (free) before that time as it will be released later this year.

I am pretty sure that you will not be billed for renewal automatically, but to confirm, please contact customer service:

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Wednesday, July 1, 2009 2:17 PM