Client computer backup failure, reason 11 RRS feed

• Question

• Starting a new thread since it is sort of a different problem...

I deleted my client backups and have restarted them.  So far two computer have completed their backups and things are going fine mostly but I have the following error in the event log.  The error occurs every 5 minutes and has been going on for a long while.  Note the computer that the error is refereeing too is not setup for client backups, never was, and is not compatible with client backups.

The Windows Server Client Computer Backup Service received an abort process message from Yan-Alien-PC. Reason: 11.

Any suggestions on why this is happening and how to stop it?

John J. Hughes II

Wednesday, November 4, 2015 1:04 PM

All replies

• Hi,

It might be helpful to further identify the problem if you may provide the Event ID and Source.

Besides, I want to confirm with you that if the backup failure only happened on the specific client? What is the OS version?

You may consider of install latest Windows Update on both client and server sides, and then confirm the result.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 6, 2015 9:51 AM
  • Hello Eve,

Note it seems to have stopped as of yesterday Morning, no sure why or if it will come back.

Again I will state the computer is NOT doing a backup, it is not setup to do a backup, and WHS does not support backing up from that computer.

All updates are installed on both client and server.  Client is running Windows 7.

Log Name:    WSSG
    Source:        Windows Server
    Date:            2015-11-04 07:32:17
    Event ID:      269
    Task Category: Backup
    Level:           Error
    Keywords:     Classic
    User:            N/A
    Computer:     hugheshomesrv
    Description:   The Windows Server Client Computer Backup Service received an abort process message from Yan-Alien-PC. Reason: 11.

John J. Hughes II

Friday, November 6, 2015 12:27 PM