Need HP Printer driver RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to install my HP psc 2100 printer on the new Windows Home Server
    operating system. Although the driver installs (it does flag that this OS is
    not Windows XP) , it prints only blank pages.

I was told to try to use a driver for Windows Server 2003 (since that is a
    major part of Windows Home Server).

I would appreciate if someone could tell me what/where driver to use.

Many thanks.

Wednesday, November 7, 2007 8:13 PM

Answers

• Hi,

As this is an All-in-One, I'd be surprised if you could get it fully working on a server. There isn't drivers available for it for W2k3, so your only option is to try and install the basic XP  printer driver, but I don't think the drivers are vailable seperately. The other option is, if you know what the nearest free standing printer is to yours, is to use the driver for tht model.

Colin

Wednesday, November 7, 2007 8:42 PM

All replies

•  wolfejr wrote:
    I'm trying to install my HP psc 2100 printer on the new Windows Home Server
    operating system. Although the driver installs (it does flag that this OS is
    not Windows XP) , it prints only blank pages.

I was told to try to use a driver for Windows Server 2003 (since that is a
    major part of Windows Home Server).

I would appreciate if someone could tell me what/where driver to use.

Many thanks.

I would suggest checking the HP website and do a search for your printer.  You should be able to find the latest drivers for it (although it's possible they may not have drivers for WS2K3).

Wednesday, November 7, 2007 8:25 PM
  • Hi,

As this is an All-in-One, I'd be surprised if you could get it fully working on a server. There isn't drivers available for it for W2k3, so your only option is to try and install the basic XP  printer driver, but I don't think the drivers are vailable seperately. The other option is, if you know what the nearest free standing printer is to yours, is to use the driver for tht model.

Colin

Wednesday, November 7, 2007 8:42 PM
  • On your install disk, look in enu\drivers\W2K_XP...those are the drivers I installed for my Photosmart 7960 and it works great! 

Thursday, November 8, 2007 4:09 AM