none
Cluster stuck in Reverting state for all the nodes.

Question

• After some maintance of the cluster nodes I'm getting errors from the picture you see. I can't clear them. Clicking "Cancel operation" does nothing.

First can someone answer what this error acctually mean?
    Also is there any way I can clear the errors and prevent them from looping. It doesn't seem that it affects the cluster health but I don't want some process in the loop running in the background.

Here is the image of the error:

http://imgur.com/F4nUh
    Cluster error
    Tuesday, August 02, 2011 10:28 AM

All replies

• Vladimir,

"Reverting" state means that operation for some reason can't be completed . So this operation is invoked endlessly.

What about a problem - i don't know exactly what is it. But can you provide some additional info about your situation?

Tuesday, August 02, 2011 1:38 PM
  • Thanks for answering. I knew all that. I wanted to know what the actual error means, e.g. what is "current instance view"?

This started to happen after maintenance of the nodes. I tried to go through the error logs on the head node and on the compute nodes but I couldn't find anything. Also all the updates installed fine without errors it wasn't that.

At this point I just want to know how to stop this error from appearing. It just seems that it is a bug in maintenance system for the cluster.

Tuesday, August 02, 2011 1:43 PM
  • Anyone? Is there a possibly to clear this errors at least?
    Tuesday, August 16, 2011 2:08 PM
  • Hi Vladimir,

Have you tried any of the following:

1) Highlighting all the "Reverting" operations and selecting "cancel" (using right click)

2) rebooting your head node

Mark

Friday, October 21, 2011 2:26 AM
  • Tried that already.

Doesn't work unfortunately.

Friday, October 21, 2011 2:53 PM
  • Anyone has some new ideas?

We still have the same problem even after installing HPC Pack SP3.

Monday, December 12, 2011 2:02 PM