outbound application call progress monitoring RRS feed

• Question

•  

Can anyone who has had any luck getting call progress monitoring to work on a Speech Server 2007 system please enlighten me as to how you made it work?  I've got an outbound SALT application that reads the value of the <callAnalysis> node in the CSTA XML messages to monitor call progress on a Speech Server 2004 system.  I've migrated the application to a Speech Server 2007 system and no longer receive the <callAnalysis> data within the CSTA XML.  Is there another method for monitoring call progress on Speech Server 2007?

Thanks for any insight you have to offer,

Randy

Monday, November 19, 2007 9:01 PM

All replies

• If you are making SIP based calls From Speech Server 2007 then it depends on your gateway/PBX/telco. If they aren't sending back the call progress information then there is nothing that Speech Server can do about it.

I've heard from elsewhere that some vendors don't pass the cal status on properly. In other words they will let you know if the call succeeded but not tell you if it is a busy or ring no answer or answering machine etc.

Tuesday, November 20, 2007 1:58 PM
  • I think you're onto something there Marshall.  The speech server is sitting behind a Dialogic Media Gateway model# 2060DTI.  According to Dialogic, this gateway will pass standard SIP messaging to the speech server.  Whether or not that data includes call status information or not is unclear.  I wonder if the gateway could be stripping out the information I'm looking for or if it was never there to begin with?

Thanks for your insight,

Randy

Tuesday, November 20, 2007 2:16 PM
  • Randy,

Did you ever get to the bottom of this? Can you provide us with an update as to whether the Dlgc Media Gateway feeds back CAP data? Or was another solution found?

many thanks

alec

Friday, February 22, 2008 8:02 PM