how to delete a windows 10 homegroup or reset the password? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi I have a windows 10 home edition version 1709 OS Build 16299.64. I have been trying to set up a new homegroup for a couple of days now and no luck. The problem being that a homegroup has been set up on a different pc using windows pro, on the local network but no one knows the password. It says the password can be obtained from the admin user on the old pc, but we cannot find it. We thought we would try and set up a new homegroup but we can't. We don't have the option on the original pc to show or print password or leave the homegroup. On the other pc's we also don't get the option to start a new homegroup. We are just informed that we can join an existing one and to enter the password. I have followed various solutions, like deleting the sst files in peer networking and nothing works. Does anyone have any ideas? As so far this means that we cannot ever set up a new homegroup on our local home network. Is the password stored somewhere that we can retrieve it?

Thanks for your time

Kwisj

• Moved by Richard MuellerMVP Monday, December 11, 2017 9:40 PM Not a TechNet Wiki question
    Sunday, December 10, 2017 4:53 PM

Answers

• You have asked in the wrong forum. This forum is for questions and discussions about the TechNet Wiki. I believe you should ask your question in a Microsoft Answers/Community forum dedicated to Windows 10 and networking, such as this one:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking

Search for similar questions, or click on "Participate" and select "Ask a Question". The Answers/Community forums are on a different platform, so we cannot move this question there. You will need to ask your question again. Sorry.

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Sunday, December 10, 2017 9:41 PM