5 Points for Post voted as helpful, only counts once for post? RRS feed

• Question

• Just a simple question. Does this only count once? So if you have 2 or more votes, you won't get 10 or more points, you just get the 5 points from the very first vote?

The following is my signature:

Powershell Programmer & Advanced Lua Programmer

Beside that, whenever you see a reply, you think is helpful, click "Vote As Helpful"! And whenever you see a reply being an answer to the main question of the thread, click "Mark As Answer" (if you opened the thread).

I published the URL's for the icons in my signature.

Please contact me, before reporting me, thank you.

[string](0..21|%{[char][int]([int]("{0:d}" -f 0x28)+('577076797174-87661607769657424-8687168065964').substring(($_*2),2))})-replace' '

Friday, March 8, 2013 9:28 AM

Answers

All replies

• I think it's all part of the Missing Activity bug. Say, yesterday I got two answers in two threads marked and in each of the threads I only got credit for one. Tonight I didn't get a single point (so I do not know if something was marked tonight or not). Today I already got 20 points for my last night answer confirmed by the asker.

So, the problems are still sporadic with more and more users affected.

I wish someone from the developer's team tell us what we can expect in regards to that problem and should we expect to get our points back or not.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Friday, March 8, 2013 3:20 PM
  • I'm certain that you are supposed to get 5 points for every helpful vote. If a reply gets marked helpful 3 times, you should be 15 points. However, I cannot verify this at present.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Friday, March 8, 2013 5:30 PM
  • I found a case where someone got 3 helpful votes for a reply here:

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/reportabug/thread/01b3c385-6ba5-4007-af83-f62624a6658e/#47295dc0-f6b0-4e7e-bb74-92b2d181dd28

and there are 3 entries in the person's profile activities for "Contributed a helpful post" to this thread. I assume the person got 5 points for each activity.

But, of course, some activity of late has not shown up in our profiles. We are hopeful that the system will get caught up.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Friday, March 8, 2013 5:48 PM
  • This is how it used to work before the latest bug with the Missing Activity. Each helpful vote gives you 5 points and each answer gives you 20/15/10 points depending on was it quick or not and was it marked by OP or moderator.

My blog

Friday, March 8, 2013 5:48 PM
  • Here is related thread to your issue, BTW

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/Profile/thread/bfee7d4c-ff8e-4133-8b18-54ae739102a2

My blog

Friday, March 8, 2013 5:50 PM