CRM 3.0 : CRM Appointments never get synched in Outlook. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

I'm trying to troubleshoot a problem that's happening to one of our users. He's using CRM 3.0 for Outlook. For some reason he's missing a couple of appointments that were created in CRM and synched to Outlook. Yesterday he still saw those appointments in Outlook; however, for some reason this morning when he checked his Outlook calendar, they are gone.

Synching his Outlook-CRM client, but those appointments seem never to get synched. I created a couple new CRM appointments and synched them to Outlook, now these are successfully synched. However the older appointments just never get synched. What we worry the most is if he misses a lot more CRM appointments.

He got the Rollup 2 and 3 installed on his machine. Does anyone know what's causing this issue?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advanced!

-Elizabeth K.
    Thursday, April 2, 2009 5:33 PM

Answers

• Hi Donna, thanks for the reply.

About the problem of me not being able to view the appointments in my Outlook after trying to synch it, it was actually because the Outlook-CRM connector in my machine was corrupted (I guess I've done too much reckless testing on my own machine...). This problem was solved after I re-installed the connector.

Another that we were having was, when sharing calendar in Outlook and creating appointments in CRM and synching them in Outlook for both calendar, for some reason the meeting wasn't synched to Outlook calendar of the sharing owner. When I took a look at that person's machine, turned out that his CRM connector was for some reason turned off. The problem went away after turning it back on..

I actually found that this CRM connector on Outlook sometime was turned off on some of our users' machines, for no obvious reason. Anyone knows what might cause this problem?

Thanks for all of your help :) greatly appreciate it!

-Elizabeth K.
    Tuesday, April 21, 2009 7:51 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Could you check that the person is owner/organizer of the appointment that you try to sync?

Check that Options-Syncronizations-Appintments I'm attending is chekced (probably is since it now works)

If so, make a minor change to the two appointments in CRM (add . to subject or something), then run sync Outlook with CRM from menu. (to trigger update to Outlook)

Check also the dates of the appointments, i.e. that you are looking at the right time in Outlook. Sometimes dissapear, while it was booked for another date then the user thought.

If it was deleted in Outlook, it should also have been deleted in CRM, so that can't be the case.

Hope some of this can contribute.

Morten
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Thursday, April 2, 2009 8:44 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by kurobenko Wednesday, April 8, 2009 4:15 PM
    Thursday, April 2, 2009 7:48 PM
  • Hi Morten, thanks for your reply.

I made some changes on those two meeting, but still they are never synched to Outlook.

The person who is having this problem created another two new appointments in CRM and succesfully synched them to Outlook. However, I as a meeting attendee, cannot view the appointments in my Outlook after trying synching it...

I'm taking a close look at this problem and I'll update you on my finding. Can anyone shed a light on this?

Thank you very much for all your help!

-Elizabeth K.

Wednesday, April 8, 2009 4:18 PM
  • Hi Elizabeth,

Not sure if you have an answer to the second part of your question yet,

The person who is having this problem created another two new appointments in CRM and succesfully synched them to Outlook. However, I as a meeting attendee, cannot view the appointments in my Outlook after trying synching it...

but if not, check your local data Groups by selecting CRM from the top Outlook menu and select Modify Local Data Groups.  Take a look at the query that syncs appts you attend.  The query name is Recent Appointments in which I am a Participant.  Ensure that Data Group is Active and the check in your CRM Options under the Synchronization tab for Appointments I am attending is selected.

Also, please take a close look at the filter criteria applied in the Data Group filter to ensure the appointments you are trying to sync meet that criteria.  You could re-create the query in Advanced Find and run it to test the result set returned.

Wednesday, April 15, 2009 2:18 PM
  • Hi Donna, thanks for the reply.

About the problem of me not being able to view the appointments in my Outlook after trying to synch it, it was actually because the Outlook-CRM connector in my machine was corrupted (I guess I've done too much reckless testing on my own machine...). This problem was solved after I re-installed the connector.

Another that we were having was, when sharing calendar in Outlook and creating appointments in CRM and synching them in Outlook for both calendar, for some reason the meeting wasn't synched to Outlook calendar of the sharing owner. When I took a look at that person's machine, turned out that his CRM connector was for some reason turned off. The problem went away after turning it back on..

I actually found that this CRM connector on Outlook sometime was turned off on some of our users' machines, for no obvious reason. Anyone knows what might cause this problem?

Thanks for all of your help :) greatly appreciate it!

-Elizabeth K.
    Tuesday, April 21, 2009 7:51 PM
  • Thank you for the update Elizabeth, I am glad everything is working now.
    Best Regards, Donna
    Wednesday, April 22, 2009 12:49 AM