How the hell can I get removed from this nonsense? RRS feed

• Question

• I was (innocently, I thought) looking for a citation to one of my papers, to track down a former colleague, and came across this thing on the Microsoft website: http://65.54.113.26/Author/185145/andrew-z-tirkel. I was surprised, because I never gave any of the information to the Microsoft website, nor gave Microsoft any permission to publish any data on me which they may have found by trawling the web. I consider this an INVASION OF MY PRIVACY. I am not, and never have been a computer scientist, and I do not wish to have my personal details such as my publications list (inaccurate!!!!) published on a website to whom I never gave explicit permission to do so. How can I remove myself from this list? I have tried, and despite all reasonable efforts, have been unable to do so. I wish all of you computer scientists the best of luck in your exploits, but I am not and never will be one of you. I am a physicist and electrical engineer (and part-time pure mathematician) and wish to remain so until retirement, which is all so near at age 65!!!! Apart from being offended by an invasion of privacy,  I would like to distance myself from the likes of Google's Ray Kurzweil, and other nutters like him, who are attempting to take us on a road to where I do not wish to go. GET ME OUT OF HERE PLEASE!!!!

Monday, July 7, 2014 9:38 AM