Do 2 of the geographic blocked PID disks need 2 WGA requests ? RRS feed

• Question

•  

I too have been recently bitten by TWO of 3 purchased Windows XP PRO w/SP2 disks.  

Below is the MDA report for one of the 2 failing ones with the SAME error and product key (at least last 15 digits as others have noted earlier) 

Diagnostic Report (1.5.0723.1):
    -----------------------------------------
    WGA Data-->
    Validation Status: Geographically blocked PID
    Detailed Status: N/A
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-7BHGB-TP888-CVC7G
    Windows Product Key Hash: 2wL1IllMebWUxB9ckiTiz7gly7Q=
    Windows Product ID: 76487-640-1825586-23396
    Windows Product ID Type: 1
    Windows License Type: Volume
    Windows OS version: 5.1.2600.2.00010100.2.0.pro
    ID: ca106f8a-7d4f-4525-9b36-12bdb1c464ca
    Is Admin: Yes
    AutoDial: No
    Registry: 0x0
    WGA Version: Registered, 1.5.723.1
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Product Name: N/A
    Architecture: N/A
    Build lab: N/A
    TTS Error: N/A
    Validation Diagnostic:
    Resolution Status: N/A

Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: 13
    File Exists: Yes
    Version: 1.5.554.0
    WgaTray.exe Signed By: Microsoft
    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: Microsoft

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 100 Genuine
    OGA Version: Registered, 1.6.20.0
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Office Diagnostics:

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>ca106f8a-7d4f-4525-9b36-12bdb1c464ca</UGUID><Version>1.5.0723.1</Version><OS>5.1.2600.2.00010100.2.0.pro</OS><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-CVC7G</PKey><PID>76487-640-1825586-23396</PID><PIDType>1</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-1645522239-1284227242-725345543</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>System Manufacturer</Manufacturer><Model>System Name</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>Award Software, Inc.</Manufacturer><Version>ASUS P4S8X ACPI BIOS Revision 1005</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="3"/><Date>20031023000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS><HWID>6D15310F0184B963</HWID><UserLCID>0409</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>Mountain Standard Time(GMT-07:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>3</stat><msppid></msppid><name></name><model></model></SBID><OEM/></MachineData>   <Software><Office><Result>100</Result><Products><Product GUID="{90110409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0150048383C9}"><LegitResult>100</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003</Name><Ver>11</Ver><Val>86D917FC1F81500</Val><Hash>cPHlnVJpXknsDw1NmgUILMAsbog=</Hash><Pid>73931-640-4339835-57233</Pid><PidType>14</PidType></Product></Products></Office></Software></GenuineResults>

------------------------------------------------

I purchased 1 WinXP Pro kit from the same large internet software supplier as mentioned a few times   earlier, around Dec/2005 & installed and genuinely verified for over a year as others have noted. Once I felt comfortable with a WIN/XP Pro CD w/SP2 install, I purchased two more from the same vendor in Feb/2006. Installed them on my other 2 computers in my home and all genuinely installed. My family network was fairly pleased and all chugging along with "Geniune" messages from MS when updates occurred.

A couple of days ago I started to experience the same "geographically blocked PID" problem as others on TWO of my PCs, I went back and studied all 3 of the original disks. ALL have the holographic Microsoft markings on 1/2 of the CD surface and all are dated NOV/2004. None of them came with COA's (I didn't even know what a COA was until now). None came with documentation. Just the CD in a jacket and some other labels.

The single order CD was labeled "Student Media", and "Product Key required", and an orange product key on the reverse side of the CD jacket. The Product Key was NOW WHERE NEAR the same as the "other two". This PC is still running fine (no validation errors, it passes the MDA test as "genuine - so far).

The OTHER 2 CD's that I purchased (same supplier) in Feb/2006 are IDENTICAL in every way. They have the MS holographic signature with Green stenciling marked Windows Client Business and the same exact product  keys. Both have identical "white" product key labels on the reverse side of the CD jacket. It is also interesting that this same internet software supplier actually sent me 2 CD's with Acrobat Adobe Standard V6 by mistake. I had paid for 2-day shipping for two WinXP PRO w/SP2 CD's, so I was a bit frustrated and let them know. THEY paid to have UPS pick them up (which I did) and 2-day expressed these 2 WinXP CD's to me. Makes me wonder if the person was rattled and grabbed the wrong WinXP CD's ??

I have receipts for ALL of these CD's and the name of a person at this distributor who I contacted about the mistaken shipment of Adobe CD's.

Sooooo. After reading a LOT of these posts/replies, I'm sure I'll get the same advise to file a conterfeit report and request the WGA kit. 

Do I need to post two identical reports (since the CD's for the PCs in error are identical) or will the same WGA kit work for both of the PC's that are having this error ?

Mark

Friday, February 9, 2007 2:41 PM

Answers

• DHMarkDH,

Given your description of the materials associated with the one installation that remains genuine, I would not be surprised to see that installation becoming nongenuine in the near future.

If you are not now or were not previously a student at the school who owns the Product Key used to activate the Student Media, nor are you a member of faculty/staff or other authorized users, I would say that the installation done with those materials is on borrowed time.

You may want to contact the MS piracy hotline to see if they can help you rectify the potential situation with the third installation.

Friday, February 9, 2007 6:46 PM

All replies

• You would need to file individual WGA reports using each computer that is running a non-genuine version of Windows XP.

Friday, February 9, 2007 3:30 PM
  • DHMarkDH,

Given your description of the materials associated with the one installation that remains genuine, I would not be surprised to see that installation becoming nongenuine in the near future.

If you are not now or were not previously a student at the school who owns the Product Key used to activate the Student Media, nor are you a member of faculty/staff or other authorized users, I would say that the installation done with those materials is on borrowed time.

You may want to contact the MS piracy hotline to see if they can help you rectify the potential situation with the third installation.

Friday, February 9, 2007 6:46 PM