LIVECARE LACK OF SUPPORT, LACK OF PROTECTION, AND FAILINGS OF LVECARE. RRS feed

• Question

• WhAT A F..ING RIGMAROLE TO POST FEEDBACK TO MS.
    BASICALLY LIVECARE FIREWALL IS NOT SWITCHING ON? WHAT KIND OF PROTECTION IS PROVIDED BY A FIREWALL THAT DOES NOT COME ON.
    NEXT SOMEONE OR SOMETHING IS REMOVING MY RESTORE POINTS. SO MUCH FOR BLOODY LIVECARE PROTECTION. BECAUSE OF THE PREVIOUS I AM HAVING DIFFICULTY STAYING CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET. NEXT TRYING TO CONTACT LIVECARE SUPPORT HAS BECOME EXTREMELY DIFFICULT SINCE BECOMING A FULLY PAID UP CUSTOMER.

THEN IT GIVES ME A MESSAGE.
    INSTALL MISSING UPDATES.
    THIS PC IS MISSING UPDATES FROM MICROSOFT AND MAY BE AT RISK ETC.
    GO TO LIVECARE ON THIS Mchine etc
    Seeing i am on livecare on the machine i find that a little disappointing.
    Tuesday, February 10, 2009 6:21 PM

Answers

• I'm sorry for a lack of response here. Your post was not marked as a question and it was not a reply, so it wasn't visible to me without opening the topic folder.
    It sounds like you have multiple issues.
    For the firewall not turning on, try the firewall repair tool:

http://social.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/onecarefirewall/thread/e67b1989-afd5-47e5-a393-3a551c7c7e60/

The firewall on or off should not affect your ability to stay connected to the Internet, however.
    Further, OneCare does not manage the system restore points. They will be removed by System Restore as space is needed.

If you are getting a message for Install Missing Updates, that means that OneCare sees that updates are available from Windows Update that have not yet been downloaded and or installed via Automatic Updates. Go to Windows Update and check for updates. Install at critical and importatnt updates.

I suspect that you may have set this PC to be a Hub, so the messages are worded to reflect the fact that one of the PCs in your Circle is at risk, which happens to be the Hub itself.

If you have not already done so, you can also contact support per the instructions here:

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Thursday, February 12, 2009 5:48 PM