Temperature Monitor add in? RRS feed

• Question

• Is anyone aware of a temperature monitor add in (except for speedfan) that can use the WHS console to warn if anything is overheating?

My server is stored under the stairs and I wonder if the lack of ventilation under there is leading it to overheat. Would be nice to be warned.
    Monday, August 3, 2009 12:02 PM

Answers

• I realize that this is an old thread, but maybe this will help you (or someone else) anyhow.

What I did was installed SpeedFan on my WHS, and configured the xAP portion of the settings.  Then I downloaded an xAP viewer program (Not sure where I got it from, but you can find them online) and installed that on my laptop.  Now, whenever I want to check my server, I open the xAP viewer and it shows me the current temps and fan speeds.  It also will show you the SMART settings on the hard drives.

Have a great day:)
    Patrick.

Smile.. Someone out there cares deeply for you.
    • Marked as answer by joewalch Friday, February 26, 2010 9:25 AM
    Friday, February 26, 2010 3:17 AM

All replies

• I'm not aware of a free CPU temperature monitor as Add-In, sorry.

Martin
    LightsOut - Power Management for Windows Home Server http://www.home-server-blog.de/add-ins/lightsout/#en
    • Marked as answer by joewalch Tuesday, August 4, 2009 3:32 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by joewalch Friday, February 26, 2010 9:25 AM
    Tuesday, August 4, 2009 8:38 AM
  • I realize that this is an old thread, but maybe this will help you (or someone else) anyhow.

What I did was installed SpeedFan on my WHS, and configured the xAP portion of the settings.  Then I downloaded an xAP viewer program (Not sure where I got it from, but you can find them online) and installed that on my laptop.  Now, whenever I want to check my server, I open the xAP viewer and it shows me the current temps and fan speeds.  It also will show you the SMART settings on the hard drives.

Have a great day:)
    Patrick.

Smile.. Someone out there cares deeply for you.
    • Marked as answer by joewalch Friday, February 26, 2010 9:25 AM
    Friday, February 26, 2010 3:17 AM
  • This will do the job thank you.
    Friday, February 26, 2010 9:26 AM