Is there a way to calibrate the mouse to use in Full Dome? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, the mouse is way off when using full dome mode, this makes using interactive tours and the scope finder thing very hard to use.  Is there a way to calibrate the mouse for use in full dome?
    Thursday, August 30, 2012 3:14 PM

Answers

All replies

• We are looking into this for the Eclipse release, but it presents challenges since the Dome Warp can be arbitrary. We have alternatives to using the mouse in full dome we are working on as well.

I suggest an XBOX 360 controller for full dome mode.

Jonathan

Saturday, September 22, 2012 3:45 PM
  • I hate to resurrect an old thread here, but was there any progress or decisions made about mouse control in full dome? I haven't noticed any changes to the mouse behavior settings in WWT v.5.  I've recently begun using WWT at the Arvin Gottlieb Planetarium in Kansas City and am looking into using a Wii Remote and its gyroscopic functionality to control the projection remotely, but I wanted to check to see if there was any progress made on any alternatives to mouse control. Thanks!
    Thursday, January 9, 2014 9:24 PM
  • While WWT does support running a dome from a single laptop, recommend the console be run as a master (not in dome mode) and then have one or more projector servers running with no user interface that project the dome image.

The finder scope is not meant to be seen in the full dome mode, but to be used by the console operator, who can use the finderscope on the master controller.

To reiterate, the Xbox 360 controller has incredibly great support in WWT 5.0. You can customize every button, trigger and joystick.

We also support MIDI controllers, and the Logitech 3dconnexion controller, which are great alternative to the mouse.

While we don't natively support the WII, you could write a WII interface and use the LCAPI to send motion commands to WWT.

Get and Xbox 360 remote for Windows, it has a USB wireless adapter and is about the best way to fly a planetarium show, even from the chairs..

Jonathan

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 10:23 PM