VISTA GREAT, OFFICE NOT AT ALL RRS feed

• Question

•  

Okay, Vista is WONDERFUL on my Toshiba.  I was skeptical...like I was with XP when it came out.  With XP, I waited a couple of years before going to it.  By then, the kinks were worked out and I loved it instantly.  I was REALLY skeptical with Vista...BUT...plunged in as of March 7, 2008, and, YES.  Vista is REALLY NICE once you figure out the changes.  So, Microsoft?  You get lots of kudos from me on the OS.

Now for the bad news:

OFFICE 2007.  LOUSY, NASTY, REALLY SCREWED OVER MY MANUSCRIPT FILES.  BAD MICROSOFT.  YOU RUINED A PERFECTLY GOOD PRODUCT.  I had to uninstall, then go dig up my Office XP Pro,  And then sweat while I begged and pleaded nothing to screw up.  I did not need that. 

Why'd you do that?  Ruin a perfectly good product?

Friday, March 14, 2008 2:27 AM

Answers

All replies

• Free self-paced Microsoft Office 2007 training courses: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/training/FX100565001033.aspx?ofcresset=1

Microsoft Office Word 2007 Step by Step:  http://www.microsoft.com/MSPress/books/9600.aspx

• Marked as answer by JeniferA Thursday, September 11, 2008 8:13 PM
    Friday, March 14, 2008 2:34 AM
  • Yeah.  I went through that.  It isn't a problem with most files, but if it is a book manuscript with special publisher specific headers and formatting, it really doesn't convert, holding the formatting as specified in the styles from Office XP Pro.  I liked it well enough for raw docs, but not for formal fiction manuscripts.  Too bad.  I came REALLY close to purchasing the whole package until I had to send a file...or try to...to an agent.  Then it became really clear that it wasn't going to work.  I spent five days trying to get some workaround and make it happen, but it was no dice.  And I'm no slouch on learning programs.  But, hey.  XP Pro works still, so we're in clover again.  Just wish Microsoft hadn't messed up Office.  Thanks for your patience.  Yours is not a pleasant job, monitoring all the griping.  So...KUDOS. 

Friday, March 14, 2008 2:46 AM