none
How to create walkthrough tutorials for Windows Forms Applications? RRS feed

• Question

• Our company has developed a Windows Forms Application that we sell as a building tool to our customers.
    We want to demonstrate the use of it by a 'click-and-play walkthrough tutorial', comparable to something like this and this.
    I'm having trouble searching for a tool that's meant to create tutorials for explaining the use of a Windows Forms application. (Google shows me tutorials for creating the applications instead of applications to create the tutorials :) )

I guess I need something different than the mainstream options, that only apply to the explanation of online applications (HTML). 

Hope I can get some tips or advice here!

• Moved by Stanly Fan Tuesday, August 1, 2017 7:33 AM
    Friday, July 21, 2017 11:43 AM

All replies

• Hi JoostvandeVen,

I'm not sure there is one tool to do this, but as I thought, every WinForm application is unique, your app is the same, so I think you can use some video capture software to record the functionality of your app and then show it to others.

Regards,

Stanly

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Stanly Fan Tuesday, July 25, 2017 9:20 AM
    Monday, July 24, 2017 2:07 AM
  • Thanks for your reaction, I understand.
    I guess I have to use a screen capturer then, however I do want to make the demo a kind of interactive. So let's say: a bit of explanation in text, than a button to click to play a video, than a screenshot of our tool in a new state, some textual explanation given again, another button to click, new (short) video, etc.

Any advice on that?

Monday, July 24, 2017 8:37 AM
  • Hi JoostvandeVen,

I think the video capture software can save all the operations what you do with your Winform App, and this forum is a development forum, you can post thread if you have some questions in your development, but I guess your question is not related to Winform Develop, I just can advice you use a screen capturer.

Best Regards,

Stanly

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 24, 2017 8:47 AM