Not Updating Modified File Contents if same name (ie not updating files...) RRS feed

• Question

• I have Synctoy 1.4 running on a Win2k box. Works fine if the file being copied has a new name but I notice when I update/change a files contents on the left then run the folder pair (using echo). It does not update the contents of the file on the right (destination) if it has the same file name. It is like it ignores the contents if it sees the same file name. I did check , (check file contents) when running.

I think I tried to put a newer version of synctoy 2.x? on the win2k box and it did not like it.

Anyone know why it is not detecting the folder contents when copying. Suggestions?

THX

Bubba

Wednesday, July 23, 2008 5:50 PM

All replies

• It's possible that the file on the left has a older Last write time than the right side file with same name.

With the echo option, you should try to avoid the updates on the right side.

You could open the file on the left and simply save/close it or just change the last write time of this file by Win32/.Net API and then try sync again.

Friday, July 25, 2008 12:03 AM
    Answerer