Windows.focus in an HTA brings HTA to front on some PCs not others RRS feed

• Question

• I asked this question in the Scripting Guys forum: https://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/456e5019-c201-44b3-8b74-4ad4776b441c/windowfocus-in-hta-works-on-some-pcs-not-others?forum=Offtopic One responder helped me with half my question and then got tired of my other half of the question. Another responder moved my post out of the Scripting Guys forum without any explanation as to why he felt it was off-topic, and then claimed I was after "scripts on demand" when I never asked for a single line of code.

OK, time to reboot.

So, the basic question is this:

the command "Window.focus" used in a chunk of vbscript within an HTA brings the HTA window forward on some of our Windows 7 PCs, but not others. There seems to be no common factor or combination of Aero vs Basic or domain vs non-domain or user vs admin. On some PCs the window pops up, on others it doesn't.

Anyone care to please tell me where to ask this question? Aside from Scripting Guys, that is; strangely they seem to not want to have anything to do with it.

Wednesday, June 17, 2015 11:19 AM

Answers

All replies

• Might try them over here.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=scripting

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

• Proposed as answer by Just Karl Monday, June 22, 2015 4:23 PM
    • Marked as answer by RnGScottgus1 Monday, June 22, 2015 4:36 PM
    Thursday, June 18, 2015 12:46 AM
  • Thanks, David! That forum seems it's not the Scripting Guys (rude characters over there...) I'll try that!
    Thursday, June 18, 2015 11:38 AM
  • You're welcome. Hope they're less crabby.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Thursday, June 18, 2015 12:33 PM