Sample for Synchronisation between SQL CE and SQL server bidirectional RRS feed

Answers

• unfortunately, there's none in the MS samples. I see you already pinged AJ8829 as he has recently worked on a similar scenario.

you can isolate the WCF related code by looking at the proxy and the corresponding code in the service. You can move those code to a new WCF service.

Friday, October 15, 2010 2:05 AM

All replies

• if you're new to Sync Fx, i suggest you go thru the Tutorials/Walkthroughs in the documentation first before tackling and understanding the sample you cited above.

any particular issue you ran into?

Tuesday, October 12, 2010 2:23 PM
  • June T,

Thanks for quick reply I going through the Walkthroughs and i have a question for you.

Is this Sample WebSharingAppDemo(above link) only  for Sql Ce peer 2 peer? 

I wanted to implement same kind but SQL(server) and Ce(Client).

Lavanya

Tuesday, October 12, 2010 9:29 PM
  • as far as i know, the sample can sync SQL Server/SQL Express to SQL CE. If am not mistaken, the first peer in that sample is actually either SQL Express or Server. once you've provisioned a SQL CE, you can use it to provision another SQL CE and sync them as well. there is a readme file associated with the sample on how to setup/use it.

Tuesday, October 12, 2010 11:37 PM
  • June T,

I am able to run  WebSharingAppDemo sample with out any problems but the sample is bit confusing there. WCF services are hosted locally and also DLL reference of services is taken in Win forms app.

I wanted to create an app taking this reference. 

Hosted services in IIS and removed the Direct Reference(DLL) and tried to resolve it is too complicate.

Is their any other version available?

Thanks

Lavanya

Thursday, October 14, 2010 9:36 PM
  • unfortunately, there's none in the MS samples. I see you already pinged AJ8829 as he has recently worked on a similar scenario.

you can isolate the WCF related code by looking at the proxy and the corresponding code in the service. You can move those code to a new WCF service.

Friday, October 15, 2010 2:05 AM
  • yes i Isolated the client and services with small win form and its working fine.

The main problem is I wanted to Implement this in Silverlight, which Support's BasicHttpBinding i changed the web.config file and removed(SessionMode=SessionMode.Required) in Session Attribute. that does't work when ever i make a call to service its crating new object and throwing NullReference exception. I think this is something regarding todo with Sessions.

public bool NeedsScope()

{

SqlSyncScopeProvisioning prov = new SqlSyncScopeProvisioning();            

//Error occuring in return because of Peerprovider is Null.

return !prov.ScopeExists(this.peerProvider.ScopeName, (SqlConnection)this.peerProvider.Connection);

}

1. How can i Change Wshttpbinding to BasicHttpBinding based on WebSharingAppDemo.

Thanks for your feedback.

• Marked as answer by Lavanyr Friday, October 15, 2010 6:57 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Lavanyr Friday, October 15, 2010 6:57 PM
    Friday, October 15, 2010 2:49 PM
  • Its working by using [ServiceBehavior(InstanceContextMode=InstanceContextMode.Single)]

• Marked as answer by Lavanyr Friday, October 15, 2010 6:57 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Lavanyr Friday, October 15, 2010 11:52 PM
    Friday, October 15, 2010 6:57 PM