Dynamics 365 App for Outlook (the new one) keeps closing/collapsing RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Just installed the new Dynamics 365 App for Outlook which looks great and works sort of great. The Outlook App however keeps closing as soon I navigate away from a given e-mail, contact etc. So everytime I change the e-mail the Add-in pane is closed and I have to manually press the "Dynamics 365" ribbon button again (which don't even have a shortcut). This result in 3 load-actions with authentication etc. taking 2-5 secs to finally load.

This is a horrible user experience and I simple can imagine this is the intended behaviour.

Is there a setting for this plugin og Add-in panes in general that keeps it open?

Looking forward to input

Kind regards
    Anders

Wednesday, December 21, 2016 8:06 PM

All replies

• Hi Anders,

I was asked the same thing by a customer.

After reading, and trying many different things, I couldn't find a solution to keep the Dynamics 365 panel open. So, I spoke with a Microsoft Engineer I've been dealing with and he briefly explained that since the App doesn't keep information in Outlook (it is a light-weighted app), it needs to query the CRM every time you want to see Dynamics 365 data. And that needs to be manually triggered when clicking the ribbon button to avoid performance issues for every email, contact, task or appointment we open in outlook.

The conclusion after that call, is that if you want to avoid that, and you are not in Mac, where you can install the Plugin, that you should do that, install the Dynamics 365 Plugin for Outlook and disable the Dynamics 365 App for Outlook.

I hope this makes any sense to you.

Best regards.

Dynamics CRM Certified Consultant (MB2-631,632,633)

Friday, January 27, 2017 10:36 PM