Problem with Live Mesh under Mac OS X 10.5.6 - "The application LiveMeshAgent quit unexpectedly." RRS feed

• General discussion

• After upgrading Mac OS X to version 10.5.6, I can no longer run Live Mesh. When I attempt to run it, I get the error: "The application LiveMeshAgent quit unexpectedly."

Does anyone else get this error? Is this issue confined to Mac OS X 10.5.6?

Thanks
    Saturday, December 20, 2008 11:57 PM

All replies

• I am seeing this also ... on both of my Macs! 
    Have uninstalled and re-installed, etc. ... no improvements.
    A little frustrating...
    Sunday, December 21, 2008 5:08 PM
  • remove the folders,  ~/Application\ Support/Live Mesh and ~/Application\ Support/Live Id, and try to sign in again.

sorry I tried replying to this a few times but the submit button never works...
    Monday, December 22, 2008 1:24 AM
  • Thanks Mac Book, however, the two folders you mentioned don't exist in my ~Library/Application\ Support folder.

Do you have any other suggestions?
    Monday, December 22, 2008 2:14 AM
  • Mac Book,

I just realized the folders you mentioned above are hidden. (I'm a recent switcher and a Mac neophyte, so I'm just learning Unix command line syntax.)  After making hidden folders visible and then deleting them, I reinstalled Live Mesh and I'm back in action. Thank you very much for the solution.
    Monday, December 22, 2008 2:28 AM
  • @Mac Book - Thanks for the folder tip. It appears to be working OK. Whew!
    Thursday, January 15, 2009 1:24 AM
  • nice one and fair play - it works!
    Thursday, January 15, 2009 5:38 PM
  • the only thing, though, is you have to keep deleting the folders each time you re-start the comupter otherwise it reverts to the same crash and error message. 
    Friday, January 16, 2009 10:39 AM
  • Same here, except that the crashing for me begins whenever I start re-adding folders after I delete the Live Mesh and Live ID folders from Application Support.  Last night I was able to re-add one folder without it crashing, but it has not synced any changes since 11pm yesterday (have been working in the folder all morning).  This release has some significant issues.
    Friday, January 16, 2009 4:59 PM
  • It should be fixed now! From the blog:

"To all Live Mesh customers who have experienced crashes with the 0.9.3712.831 version of the Live Mesh for Mac software: A new version of the software that resolves this issue is now available. Please update or reinstall Live Mesh for Mac to receive the new version.

If you continue to encounter problems, please let us know."
    Sunday, January 18, 2009 2:43 PM
  • I have the latest hotfix and still experiencing the same issue with Leopard 10.5.6. 

deleting the folders mentioned does work temporarily, but the fix is fleeting.
    Wednesday, January 21, 2009 3:46 PM
  • Hi Steven,

That's a shame - though I can sympathise - it doesn't work for me either!

I'd submit a bug report on Connect (or add to an existing one) in the hopes that your logs will help them figure out, and fix, the problem.

Cheers,

Oren
    Thursday, January 22, 2009 12:31 AM
  • Hi,
    this is my first post,
    I have been using Mesh now for about a week on my PC's and everything seems to be working as i expected.
    i have just now loaded it on my Mac and have experienced the same problem listed above i have followed the fix above and could not get it to work has there been any progress on this problem yet?

Regards
    Stephen
    Thursday, January 22, 2009 10:39 AM
  • Hi Stephen,

Welcome to the forums and to Live Mesh! Unfortunately if the latest version for the Mac has not solved it yet, then it looks like you are running into the same bug as Steven above. I'd suggest collecting your logs and submitting a bug on Connect - information on how to do this is in the announce at the top of the forum (called "How to Submit Bugs and Live Mesh Logs").

Cheers,

Oren
    Thursday, January 22, 2009 12:55 PM
  • Hi Oren.

this is my last resort.
    I have been frustrated for the past 8 hours trying to submit bugs i have tried the connect web site 50 time and i just cannot get on let alone register i have tried the imprv@microsoft.com email address quite a number of times and from very different email servers and addresses and i just cannot get through so  maybe i can get some help here. sorry for the tone i am just very frustrated.
    i am experiencing a number of different problems with serveral installs on different machines but this thread is the most common among all of the to this stage.
    is there any fixes yet or am i wasting my time?

Regards
    Setout
    Friday, January 23, 2009 1:52 PM
  • Setout said:

Hi Oren.

this is my last resort.
    I have been frustrated for the past 8 hours trying to submit bugs i have tried the connect web site 50 time and i just cannot get on let alone register i have tried the imprv@microsoft.com email address quite a number of times and from very different email servers and addresses and i just cannot get through so  maybe i can get some help here. sorry for the tone i am just very frustrated.
    i am experiencing a number of different problems with serveral installs on different machines but this thread is the most common among all of the to this stage.
    is there any fixes yet or am i wasting my time?

Regards
    Setout

Hello Stephen,

I just replied to your other post and now I am confused as you state in the post in this thread, before this latest post, that Live Mesh appears to be working on your other PCs, but you have a problem with the install to your Mac. Based on the posts in this thread, the Mac issue appears to be affecting a few users, so your logs might help to determine the cause. Please respond to the other thread with what your problems with email and Connect are. if you are also experiencing problems with Live Mesh on your Windows PCs, please start a new thread with what those problems are, as I requested in the other thread.

-steve (also Stephen <g>)

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare Forum Moderator
    Friday, January 23, 2009 5:01 PM
  • I have the EXACT same issue under OS X 10.5.6, logs and bug report submitted. 

Never tried it prior to 10.5.6, running the current version of Live Mesh for Mac.

I would sure love to get this working on my Mac!

Tom

There is no where like 127.0.0.1
    Sunday, March 1, 2009 4:58 PM
  • I struggled with this and tried many suggestions made out there on the web.

I cracked it at least for myself:

Delete what is in Library/Application Support/Live ID

Also delete what is in W Live Sync and Win something else, don't remember the exact name, it is any rests of an installation of Windows live sync or mesh.

Then empty the Trash folder

Then restart Live Mesh and tell it to sync the folders, one by one.

Regards Kurt

Sunday, November 14, 2010 8:53 PM
  • I too encountered this problem, and based on information in this thread went to the ...

~/Application\ Support

... directory and then deleted all folders that had anything to do with "Live Mesh", "Live Id" and "WLMesh". I restarted Live Mesh again and all worked fine. Sure I had to re-select all my synch locations, but at least it is working again now.

Regards

Gareth

Monday, March 21, 2011 12:07 AM