reinstall office 2007 after replacing HD.. after crash RRS feed

• Question

• I lost my gateway vista system after my hard drive died totaly. I replaced the hard drive recoved to a plain jane vista OS "not the gateway image. I then upgraded to Windows 7 "cause it works great" I have a copy of home office 2007 3 user version. I have used 2 of the licences 1 on this computer. I want to reinstall it but do not want to use the last licence. Is there a was to install office using the 2nd licence "its the one i used on it before.

Any help would be great

Saturday, June 26, 2010 7:20 PM

Answers

• "Peachland-tech" wrote in message news:4868419d-97c8-4c39-ad06-e6a043fa018b...

I lost my gateway vista system after my hard drive died totaly. I replaced the hard drive recoved to a plain jane vista OS "not the gateway image. I then upgraded to Windows 7 "cause it works great" I have a copy of home office 2007 3 user version. I have used 2 of the licences 1 on this computer. I want to reinstall it but do not want to use the last licence. Is there a was to install office using the 2nd licence "its the one i used on it before.

Any help would be great

IIRC the three licenses all use the same key - that being the case, the following applies...
    There is no problem about it - if you need to use the third license at some stage, simply explain the history to the operator when you have to use Telephone Activation. They are usually very understanding, assuming you don't do it too often :)

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Saturday, June 26, 2010 8:03 PM
  • "Peachland-tech" wrote in message news:4868419d-97c8-4c39-ad06-e6a043fa018b...

I lost my gateway vista system after my hard drive died totaly. I replaced the hard drive recoved to a plain jane vista OS "not the gateway image. I then upgraded to Windows 7 "cause it works great" I have a copy of home office 2007 3 user version. I have used 2 of the licences 1 on this computer. I want to reinstall it but do not want to use the last licence. Is there a was to install office using the 2nd licence "its the one i used on it before.

Any help would be great

The "three licenses" are three concurrent (at the same time) installations on three computers.  Reinstalling on the same computer does not "use up" another license. 

You should be able to reactivate fine on the internet.
    Sunday, June 27, 2010 3:14 AM

All replies

Any help would be great

IIRC the three licenses all use the same key - that being the case, the following applies...
    There is no problem about it - if you need to use the third license at some stage, simply explain the history to the operator when you have to use Telephone Activation. They are usually very understanding, assuming you don't do it too often :)

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Saturday, June 26, 2010 8:03 PM

Any help would be great

The "three licenses" are three concurrent (at the same time) installations on three computers.  Reinstalling on the same computer does not "use up" another license. 

You should be able to reactivate fine on the internet.
    Sunday, June 27, 2010 3:14 AM