backing up my windows live mail emails RRS feed

• Question

• Steve, thanks for answering my question.  Can you explain or tell me where I can go to get instructions for how to use use the export function?  I can't seem to find it anywhere in live.
    Wednesday, April 29, 2009 6:55 PM

Answers

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    Click File/Export/Messages from the Menu
    Select Microsoft Windows Live Mail as the format.
    Choose a destination folder by clicking Browse and pointing to an empty folder or create a new empty folder after navigating to a location via Browse.
    Select the account you wish to export, if more than one exists.

Once you complete the wizard, your messages will be stored in the folder you designated with file extensions of .eml. These are rich text e-mail files. Double clicking them will launch Windows Live Mail. You can also right click and open with Notepad, Wordpad or any word processor without the formatting.

-steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Wednesday, April 29, 2009 7:05 PM

All replies

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    Click File/Export/Messages from the Menu
    Select Microsoft Windows Live Mail as the format.
    Choose a destination folder by clicking Browse and pointing to an empty folder or create a new empty folder after navigating to a location via Browse.
    Select the account you wish to export, if more than one exists.

Once you complete the wizard, your messages will be stored in the folder you designated with file extensions of .eml. These are rich text e-mail files. Double clicking them will launch Windows Live Mail. You can also right click and open with Notepad, Wordpad or any word processor without the formatting.

-steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Wednesday, April 29, 2009 7:05 PM
  • Hi,

Could you please confirm that this operation leaves everything as it is in windows live mail, i.e it just creates a copy to the new folder & does not move the files.

Thanks

Sunday, October 3, 2010 12:22 PM
  • Backing up does not move, it copies. Help for Windows Live Mail - http://windowslivehelp.com

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Monday, October 4, 2010 12:09 PM