none
Answers send by NNTP Community Bridge do not show up in threads sind 23.October 2015 and updates only once a day?

Question

• Hi,

since 23. october all my answers do not appear in the threads. Only the ones I tested through webinterface.

another point is, it seems that the Bridge does only receive question/answer updates once a day and not at the time, they where posted.

Anyone else with this Problem?

Mark

Sunday, October 25, 2015 9:33 AM

Answers

• I'd send an email to forums admins fissues [at] microsoft [dot] com

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Sunday, October 25, 2015 1:17 PM
  • Update from Engineering Team:

Fix has already been worked out and under full tests, it'll be deployed in the middle of this week.

Visual Studio Cloud Services
    http://msdn.microsoft.com

Monday, November 9, 2015 5:44 AM
  • With the risk of flooding over their mailbox, I have also sent a mail, and I include a copy of what I sent below:

Since Oct 23rd the NNTP bridge has not been usable. For the first two weeks I did not suffer, as I was travelling, but now it's getting an obstacle.

Originally there were three issues, of which one has been resolved: posts from the NNTP bridge never made it to the forums. Two issues remain:

1) The NNTP bridge only sees new posts in the forums about once a day. This may be an intended change, but permit me to point that this is not feasible. The feed to the NNTP bridge does not have to be real-time, but the delay should not exceed 15-30 minutes. Please bear in mind that many of us who use the NNTP bridge are people who answer questions. We may be a small minority, but we add quite some value to the forums. Answering forum posts is far from always a matter of answering in a single post. In many cases, we need to ask for supplementary posts, so we need to see replies from the original poster far more often than once a day. (And the longer the delay is, the bigger the risk is that we post an answer when a perfectly feasible answer has been posted, why our answer only becomes unwelcome noise.)

2) When trying to access some forums with high traffic, this always seem to fail. For my part it is the Transact-SQL Forum, but I have seen this reported to other forums. My newsreader opens the newsgroup, sits there for several minutes, and eventually there may be an error message. Below is a trace that shows the error message.

[Client: 15] ClassifyCommand: GROUP Msdn.en-US.transactsql
    [Client: 15] Received: Command: GROUP, Parameters: Msdn.en-US.transactsql
    [Client: 15] Received: Response: 211 513009 1 513009 Msdn.en-US.transactsql group selected

[Client: 15] ClassifyCommand: XOVER 512727-513009
    [Client: 15] Received: Command: XOVER, Parameters: 512727-513009
    [Client 15] DataReceived failed: Exception:
    Type System.ServiceModel.CommunicationException
    Source: mscorlib
    Message: An error occurred while receiving the HTTP response to http://services.social.microsoft.com/ForumsServicePreview/ForumsService.svc. This could be due to the service endpoint binding not using the HTTP protocol. This could also be due to an HTTP request context being aborted by the server (possibly due to the service shutting down). See server logs for more details.
    Stack-Trace:

Server stack trace:
    at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpChannelUtilities.ProcessGetResponseWebException(WebException webException, HttpWebRequest request, HttpAbortReason abortReason)
    at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpChannelFactory`1.HttpRequestChannel.HttpChannelRequest.WaitForReply(TimeSpan timeout)
    at System.ServiceModel.Channels.RequestChannel.Request(Message message, TimeSpan timeout)
    at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.RequestChannelBinder.Request(Message message, TimeSpan timeout)
    at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout)
    at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)
    at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
    at CommunityForumsNNTPServer.WebServiceDataSource.Forums.IForumsService.GetForumMessagesBriefForNNTP(Guid forumId, Int32 nntpMessageStartIndex, Int32 nntpMessageEndIndex, Boolean loadBody)
    at CommunityForumsNNTPServer.WebServiceDataSource.Forums.ForumsServiceClient.GetForumMessagesBriefForNNTP(Guid forumId, Int32 nntpMessageStartIndex, Int32 nntpMessageEndIndex, Boolean loadBody)
    at CommunityForumsNNTPServer.WebServiceDataSource.MicrosoftForumsServiceProvider.<>c__DisplayClass24.<GetForumMessagesBriefForNNTP>b__22()
    at CommunityForumsNNTPServer.WebServiceDataSource.MicrosoftForumsServiceProvider.RetryCall[TResult](Func`1 func, UInt32 retryCount)
    at CommunityForumsNNTPServer.WebServiceDataSource.MicrosoftForumsServiceProvider.GetForumMessagesBriefForNNTP(Guid forumId, Int32 nntpMessageStartIndex, Int32 nntpMessageEndIndex, Boolean loadBody)
    at CommunityForumsNNTPServer.WebServiceDataSource.MicrosoftForumsServiceProvider.<>c__DisplayClassd`1.<GetForumMessagesBriefForNntp>b__b(Int32 index, Int32 batchSize, Boolean& finished)
    at CommunityForumsNNTPServer.WebServiceDataSource.MicrosoftForumsServiceProvider.BuildResultsInBatch_[T,T2](Func`2 converter, MyFunc`4 generator, Action`1 progressResult)
    at CommunityForumsNNTPServer.WebServiceDataSource.MicrosoftForumsServiceProvider.GetForumMessagesBriefForNntp[T](Guid forumId, Int32 firstArticle, Int32 lastArticle, Boolean loadBody, Func`2 converter, Action`1 progress)
    at CommunityForumsNNTPServer.ForumDataSource.GetArticlesByNumberToStream(String clientUsername, String groupName, Int32 firstArticle, Int32 lastArticle, Action`1 articlesProgressAction)
    at CommunityForumsNNTPServer.NNTPServer.NntpCommandXOver.Parse(String parameters, Action`1 writeAction, Client client)
    at CommunityForumsNNTPServer.NNTPServer.NntpServer.DataReceived(String data, Int32 clientNumber)Exception:
    Type System.Net.WebException
    Source: System
    Message: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive.
    Stack-Trace:
    at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
    at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpChannelFactory`1.HttpRequestChannel.HttpChannelRequest.WaitForReply(TimeSpan timeout)Exception:
    Type System.IO.IOException
    Message: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
    Stack-Trace:
    at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
    at System.Net.PooledStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
    at System.Net.Connection.SyncRead(HttpWebRequest request, Boolean userRetrievedStream, Boolean probeRead)Exception:
    Type System.Net.Sockets.SocketException
    Message: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
    Socket ErrorCode: 10054
    Stack-Trace:
    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Receive(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags)
    at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)

Saturday, November 14, 2015 9:32 AM
  • Am 25.10.2015 um 10:33 schrieb Mark Heitbrink [MVP]:
    > Anyone else with this Problem?

I got the feedback from the team. They are aware of the problem, they
    fixed some things. They still working on the time issue to directly
    fetch new messages instead of "once a day".

They found the solution, Thuesday or Wednesday it should be fixed, they
    said.

Mark
    --
    Mark Heitbrink - MVP Windows Server - Group Policy

GPO Tool: http://www.reg2xml.com - Registry Export File Converter

Saturday, November 14, 2015 9:37 AM
  • They found the solution, Thuesday or Wednesday it should be fixed, they said.

I think it's now working (Thursday UK).

Finger's crossed.

Dave

Thursday, November 19, 2015 11:36 AM
  • Yes. It looks like everything has been recovered.

Alexis Zhang

http://mvp.microsoft.com/zh-cn/mvp/Jie%20Zhang-4000545
    http://blogs.itecn.net/blogs/alexis

| I think it's now working (Thursday UK).
    | Finger's crossed.

Thursday, November 19, 2015 2:15 PM

All replies

• Same problem here. Would be nice to have some info from MS regarding this.

Regards
    Norbert

Sunday, October 25, 2015 9:50 AM

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Sunday, October 25, 2015 1:17 PM

Hi,

any news in this issue?

Winfried

Gruppenrichtlinien
    HowTos zum WSUS Package Publisher
    WSUS Package Publisher
    HowTos zum Local Update Publisher
    NNTP-Bridge für MS-Foren

Friday, October 30, 2015 8:26 AM

Hi,

any news in this issue?

Winfried

Gruppenrichtlinien
    WSUS Package Publisher
    NNTP-Bridge für MS-Foren

Hi, Winfried.

May I ask what's your situation now? Anything changed in your NNTP Bridge?

My NNTP Bridge now can receive messages after Oct.23, but not instantly, with a long time of delay.
    And it still always fails to send or reply.

--
    Alexis Zhang

| Hi,
    | any news in this issue?

Saturday, October 31, 2015 3:43 AM
  •  
    May I ask what's your situation now? Anything changed in your NNTP Bridge?

My NNTP Bridge now can receive messages after Oct.23, but not instantly, with a long time of delay.
    And it still always fails to send or reply.

Hi Alexis,

nothing is changed. My situation is the same like yours.

Regards

Winfried

Gruppenrichtlinien
    WSUS Package Publisher
    NNTP-Bridge für MS-Foren

Saturday, October 31, 2015 10:10 AM
  • Thanks Winfried.

Hope this issue could be fixed shortly.

--
    Alexis Zhang

| Hi Alexis,
    | nothing is changed. My situation is the same like yours.
    Sunday, November 1, 2015 3:16 AM
  • Still the same problem here today!

Greetings,
    Christoph

Tuesday, November 3, 2015 2:38 PM
  • Are there any news? I can send over the bridge, but the postings are never seen in Web-Forum. Looks like they coming in a big black whole.

Winfried

Gruppenrichtlinien
    WSUS Package Publisher
    NNTP-Bridge für MS-Foren

Friday, November 6, 2015 5:55 AM
  • Are there any news? I can send over the bridge, but the postings are never seen in Web-Forum. Looks like they coming in a big black whole.

Winfried

Gruppenrichtlinien
    WSUS Package Publisher
    NNTP-Bridge für MS-Foren

Same here.

When I try to post a new thread via NNTP Bridge, it fails and displays error.

When I try to send a reply via NNTP Bridge, it just looks like sending successfully, but actually it fails. 
    Because the reply will never be found in the Web Forum.

Now I have no choice but to send each reply twice. Firstly send via Web and secondly copy the content and send again via NNTP Bridge. The first is to make sure that everyone else could see my reply. The second is to make a copy of the reply in my newsreader's "Sent" box.

This makes me crazy!!!

Who can help resolve this?

--
    Alexis Zhang

| Are there any news? I can send over the bridge, but the postings are never seen in Web-Forum. Looks like they coming in a big black whole.
    Sunday, November 8, 2015 12:08 PM
  • I'll try to loop Dev team to look into this NNTP issue.

Monday, November 9, 2015 4:02 AM

Fix has already been worked out and under full tests, it'll be deployed in the middle of this week.

Monday, November 9, 2015 5:44 AM

Thanks for Repsonse. W'll hope thats working after deploying fix.

Winfried

Gruppenrichtlinien
    WSUS Package Publisher
    NNTP-Bridge für MS-Foren

Monday, November 9, 2015 5:46 AM

Great to hear about this. Thanks Pan.

--
    Alexis Zhang

| Update from Engineering Team:
    | Fix has already been worked out and under full tests, it'll be deployed in the middle of this week.
    Wednesday, November 11, 2015 1:48 PM
  • It seems that posting from the NNTP bridge works now. (This is sent from the NNTP bridge.)

However, the problem that the bridge does not see new posts more than about once a day remains.

Also, I am not able to access one of the forums I monitor, the Transact-SQL forum from the NNTP Bridge. My newsreader just keeps waiting, but no articles ever appears. This is a forum with high traffic, with over hundred posts per day. I can access forums with less traffic.

Thursday, November 12, 2015 9:51 PM
  • Sending over Bridge is working now, but Bridge will get only one time a day new postings.

Thanks for fixing.

Winfried

Gruppenrichtlinien
    WSUS Package Publisher
    NNTP-Bridge für MS-Foren

Friday, November 13, 2015 6:59 AM
  • It seems that posting from the NNTP bridge works now. (This is sent from the NNTP bridge.)
    However, the problem that the bridge does not see new posts more than about once a day remains.

If this message appears, I'm seeing the same thing - new posts only
    appear rarely.

Also, I am not able to access one of the forums I monitor, the Transact-SQL forum from the NNTP Bridge. My newsreader just keeps waiting, but no articles ever appears.
    This is a forum with high traffic, with over hundred posts per day. I can access forums with less traffic.

Same here with forms: wpdevelop & vcgeneral.

Dave

Friday, November 13, 2015 8:46 AM
  • If this message appears, I'm seeing the same thing - new posts only appear rarely.

Yes, the above was successfully posted from my newsreader using the NNTP bridge, and it's visible in the web forum, but not from my newsreader. :(

Friday, November 13, 2015 10:55 AM
  • Great to see the issue has been partially resolved.

Hope they can completely fix it soon.

Alexis Zhang

| It seems that posting from the NNTP bridge works now. (This is sent from the NNTP bridge.)
    | However, the problem that the bridge does not see new posts more than about once a day remains.

Friday, November 13, 2015 1:25 PM
  • Is the Engineering Team aware of the issue that posts are only rarely fetched (once a day) from the NNTP bridge?
    Friday, November 13, 2015 2:50 PM
  • Is the Engineering Team aware of the issue that posts are only rarely fetched (once a day) from the NNTP bridge?

Couldn't hurt to send the admins an email (fissues (at) microsoft [dot]com) to make sure. I'm not sure how often they monitor this forum and it looks like there may be some turnover in the team again.

Friday, November 13, 2015 3:09 PM

Couldn't hurt to send the admins an email (fissues (at) microsoft [dot]com) to make sure. I'm not sure how often they monitor this forum and it looks like there may be some turnover in the team again.

Good point - email sent.
    Friday, November 13, 2015 3:41 PM
  • With the risk of flooding over their mailbox, I have also sent a mail, and I include a copy of what I sent below:

Since Oct 23rd the NNTP bridge has not been usable. For the first two weeks I did not suffer, as I was travelling, but now it's getting an obstacle.

Originally there were three issues, of which one has been resolved: posts from the NNTP bridge never made it to the forums. Two issues remain:

1) The NNTP bridge only sees new posts in the forums about once a day. This may be an intended change, but permit me to point that this is not feasible. The feed to the NNTP bridge does not have to be real-time, but the delay should not exceed 15-30 minutes. Please bear in mind that many of us who use the NNTP bridge are people who answer questions. We may be a small minority, but we add quite some value to the forums. Answering forum posts is far from always a matter of answering in a single post. In many cases, we need to ask for supplementary posts, so we need to see replies from the original poster far more often than once a day. (And the longer the delay is, the bigger the risk is that we post an answer when a perfectly feasible answer has been posted, why our answer only becomes unwelcome noise.)

2) When trying to access some forums with high traffic, this always seem to fail. For my part it is the Transact-SQL Forum, but I have seen this reported to other forums. My newsreader opens the newsgroup, sits there for several minutes, and eventually there may be an error message. Below is a trace that shows the error message.

[Client: 15] ClassifyCommand: GROUP Msdn.en-US.transactsql
    [Client: 15] Received: Command: GROUP, Parameters: Msdn.en-US.transactsql
    [Client: 15] Received: Response: 211 513009 1 513009 Msdn.en-US.transactsql group selected

[Client: 15] ClassifyCommand: XOVER 512727-513009
    [Client: 15] Received: Command: XOVER, Parameters: 512727-513009
    [Client 15] DataReceived failed: Exception:
    Type System.ServiceModel.CommunicationException
    Source: mscorlib
    Message: An error occurred while receiving the HTTP response to http://services.social.microsoft.com/ForumsServicePreview/ForumsService.svc. This could be due to the service endpoint binding not using the HTTP protocol. This could also be due to an HTTP request context being aborted by the server (possibly due to the service shutting down). See server logs for more details.
    Stack-Trace:

Server stack trace:
    at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpChannelUtilities.ProcessGetResponseWebException(WebException webException, HttpWebRequest request, HttpAbortReason abortReason)
    at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpChannelFactory`1.HttpRequestChannel.HttpChannelRequest.WaitForReply(TimeSpan timeout)
    at System.ServiceModel.Channels.RequestChannel.Request(Message message, TimeSpan timeout)
    at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.RequestChannelBinder.Request(Message message, TimeSpan timeout)
    at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout)
    at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)
    at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
    at CommunityForumsNNTPServer.WebServiceDataSource.Forums.IForumsService.GetForumMessagesBriefForNNTP(Guid forumId, Int32 nntpMessageStartIndex, Int32 nntpMessageEndIndex, Boolean loadBody)
    at CommunityForumsNNTPServer.WebServiceDataSource.Forums.ForumsServiceClient.GetForumMessagesBriefForNNTP(Guid forumId, Int32 nntpMessageStartIndex, Int32 nntpMessageEndIndex, Boolean loadBody)
    at CommunityForumsNNTPServer.WebServiceDataSource.MicrosoftForumsServiceProvider.<>c__DisplayClass24.<GetForumMessagesBriefForNNTP>b__22()
    at CommunityForumsNNTPServer.WebServiceDataSource.MicrosoftForumsServiceProvider.RetryCall[TResult](Func`1 func, UInt32 retryCount)
    at CommunityForumsNNTPServer.WebServiceDataSource.MicrosoftForumsServiceProvider.GetForumMessagesBriefForNNTP(Guid forumId, Int32 nntpMessageStartIndex, Int32 nntpMessageEndIndex, Boolean loadBody)
    at CommunityForumsNNTPServer.WebServiceDataSource.MicrosoftForumsServiceProvider.<>c__DisplayClassd`1.<GetForumMessagesBriefForNntp>b__b(Int32 index, Int32 batchSize, Boolean& finished)
    at CommunityForumsNNTPServer.WebServiceDataSource.MicrosoftForumsServiceProvider.BuildResultsInBatch_[T,T2](Func`2 converter, MyFunc`4 generator, Action`1 progressResult)
    at CommunityForumsNNTPServer.WebServiceDataSource.MicrosoftForumsServiceProvider.GetForumMessagesBriefForNntp[T](Guid forumId, Int32 firstArticle, Int32 lastArticle, Boolean loadBody, Func`2 converter, Action`1 progress)
    at CommunityForumsNNTPServer.ForumDataSource.GetArticlesByNumberToStream(String clientUsername, String groupName, Int32 firstArticle, Int32 lastArticle, Action`1 articlesProgressAction)
    at CommunityForumsNNTPServer.NNTPServer.NntpCommandXOver.Parse(String parameters, Action`1 writeAction, Client client)
    at CommunityForumsNNTPServer.NNTPServer.NntpServer.DataReceived(String data, Int32 clientNumber)Exception:
    Type System.Net.WebException
    Message: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive.
    Stack-Trace:
    at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
    at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpChannelFactory`1.HttpRequestChannel.HttpChannelRequest.WaitForReply(TimeSpan timeout)Exception:
    Type System.IO.IOException
    Message: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
    Stack-Trace:
    at System.Net.PooledStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
    at System.Net.Connection.SyncRead(HttpWebRequest request, Boolean userRetrievedStream, Boolean probeRead)Exception:
    Type System.Net.Sockets.SocketException
    Message: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
    Socket ErrorCode: 10054
    Stack-Trace:
    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Receive(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags)

Saturday, November 14, 2015 9:32 AM
  • Am 25.10.2015 um 10:33 schrieb Mark Heitbrink [MVP]:
    > Anyone else with this Problem?

I got the feedback from the team. They are aware of the problem, they
    fixed some things. They still working on the time issue to directly
    fetch new messages instead of "once a day".

They found the solution, Thuesday or Wednesday it should be fixed, they
    said.

Mark
    --

Saturday, November 14, 2015 9:37 AM
  • It's great to hear about this.

Alexis Zhang

| I got the feedback from the team. They are aware of the problem, they | fixed some things. They still working on the time issue to directly

Sunday, November 15, 2015 3:57 AM
  • They found the solution, Thuesday or Wednesday it should be fixed, they said.

I think it's now working (Thursday UK).

Finger's crossed.

Dave

Thursday, November 19, 2015 11:36 AM
  • Am 19.11.2015 um 12:36 schrieb David Lowndes [MVP]:
    > I think it's now working (Thursday UK).
    > Finger's crossed.

YES! :-)

Mark
    --

Thursday, November 19, 2015 1:59 PM
  • Yes. It looks like everything has been recovered.

Alexis Zhang

| I think it's now working (Thursday UK).
    | Finger's crossed.

Thursday, November 19, 2015 2:15 PM
  • YES! :-)

Mark
    Mark - does the bridge allow you to mark answers (I'm guessing it doesn't.)? If not, I can mark a few and close this thread out if you'd rather not log into the web interface to do so.

Thursday, November 19, 2015 2:35 PM
  • Hi,

Am 19.11.2015 um 15:35 schrieb Mike Laughlin:
    > Mark - does the bridge allow you to mark answers (I'm guessing it
    > doesn't.)?

Mike, You are right, it doesn´t. You can close this thread, because you
    are right again: I will not login through webinterface and mark answers :-)

Mark
    --

Thursday, November 19, 2015 6:02 PM
  • Mike, You are right, it doesn´t. You can close this thread, because you
    are right again: I will not login through webinterface and mark answers :-)

Mark
    Cheers Mark, I'll mark some answers and close this out.

Thursday, November 19, 2015 6:25 PM
  • Well, I was able to open the Transact-SQL Forum from my newsreader. It took a very long time, but it did open, and I was able to see that there were fresh articles from the recent hours. Alas when I tried to access any of them I got Passport Header not Found, and this persists after I have stopped and restarted the NNTP Bridge. :-(

Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@sommarskog.se

Thursday, November 19, 2015 10:19 PM
  • Hi,

Am 19.11.2015 um 23:19 schrieb Erland Sommarskog [MVP]:
    > [...] and this persists after I have stopped and restarted the NNTP
    > Bridge. :-(

Which Version?
    I am running 1.1.55.0 of the bridge and it is fine.

Mark
    --

Friday, November 20, 2015 7:52 AM
  • >Alas when I tried to access any of them I got Passport Header not Found, and this persists after I have stopped and restarted the NNTP Bridge. :-(

Is this still happening for you?

I got that error reported once when I saw your note here about it, but
    it hasn't occurred subsequently for me.

Dave

Friday, November 20, 2015 9:19 AM
  • Alas when I tried to access any of them I got Passport Header not Found, and this persists after I have stopped and restarted the NNTP Bridge. :-(

Is this still happening for you?

I got that error reported once when I saw your note here about it, but
    it hasn't occurred subsequently for me.

It seems to work now. I did not make very many attempts after my post of the simple reason that it was getting bedtime here. It was probably only a temporary hiccup.

Opening the T-SQL forum still takes a lot of time, but possibly it clears up once I have caught up.

Friday, November 20, 2015 9:53 PM
  • Opening the T-SQL forum still takes a lot of time, but possibly it clears up once I have caught up.

Not really. Even with few unread posts, it takes 30-60 seconds to open. Not the end of the world, but it used to work better.

Sunday, November 22, 2015 8:25 PM
  • Cheers Mark, I'll mark some answers and close this out.

Since the webservice is running again, every posting i sent over the bridge, no time the Signatur will come automatically.

Yes, before this the signatur is allways coming in a new message.

Winfried

Sunday, November 22, 2015 8:38 PM