Validation Code: 3
    Cached Validation Code: N/A
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-6BKXT-M8JJ6-RPXGJ
    Windows Product Key Hash: 5nTiWPHCccmBwT7jn+WSWXJC39g=
    Windows Product ID: 55274-640-1464517-23723
    Windows Product ID Type: 1
    Windows License Type: Volume
    Windows OS version: 5.1.2600.2.00010100.3.0.pro
    ID: {86A4D0CA-2FD0-472B-BBDE-9A915AC2F804}(3)
    Is Admin: Yes
    TestCab: 0x0
    LegitcheckControl ActiveX: Registered, 1.9.42.0
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Product Name: N/A
    Architecture: N/A
    Build lab: N/A
    TTS Error: N/A
    Validation Diagnostic: 025D1FF3-230-1
    Resolution Status: N/A

Vista WgaER Data-->
    ThreatID(s): N/A
    Version: N/A

Windows XP Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: 3
    File Exists: Yes
    Version: 1.9.40.0
    WgaTray.exe Signed By: Microsoft
    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: Microsoft

OGA Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Version: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    OGAExec.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    OGAAddin.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 109 N/A
    OGA Version: N/A, 0x80070002
    Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Office Diagnostics: 025D1FF3-230-1

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\Documents and Settings\Lori\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>{86A4D0CA-2FD0-472B-BBDE-9A915AC2F804}</UGUID><Version>1.9.0027.0</Version><OS>5.1.2600.2.00010100.3.0.pro</OS><Architecture>x32</Architecture><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-RPXGJ</PKey><PID>55274-640-1464517-23723</PID><PIDType>1</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-790525478-1637723038-725345543</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO.,LTD</Manufacturer><Model>MS-7551</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>American Megatrends Inc.</Manufacturer><Version>V28.7</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="6"/><Date>20101119000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS><HWID>35B4378F01844072</HWID><UserLCID>0409</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>Eastern Standard Time(GMT-05:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>3</stat><msppid></msppid><name></name><model></model></SBID><OEM/><GANotification><File Name="WgaTray.exe" Version="1.9.40.0"/><File Name="WgaLogon.dll" Version="1.9.40.0"/></GANotification></MachineData><Software><Office><Result>109</Result><Products/><Applications/></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

Licensing Data-->
    N/A

Windows Activation Technologies-->
    N/A

HWID Data-->
    N/A

OEM Activation 1.0 Data-->
    BIOS string matches: no
    Marker string from BIOS: N/A
    Marker string from OEMBIOS.DAT: N/A, hr = 0x80004005

OEM Activation 2.0 Data-->
    N/A

~The product key that is showing up on this report is not the same one I have on my physical copy of the key.  I have already tried going in and manually changing my product key as has been a suggested solution on other posts, but it will not accept the product key entered as valid. 

I have been using this copy of XP Pro for over 4 years....to say that I am annoyed about this development is an understatement considering that, at this point, if I can't get this copy fixed I am going to be forced into the new OS. 

Saturday, January 19, 2013 3:26 PM

Answers

• The installed edition of Windows is XP Pro - is your Key for XP Pro??

If not, then you'll have to reformat and reinstall with the appropriate media.

If it is for XP Pro, and the Product Key Update Tool that Carey refers to doesn't work, then a reformat/reinstall may still be necessary - but try telephoning your local Activation Center for assistance first, as some early Keys won't work in a SP3 install.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950929

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    No - I do not work for Microsoft, or any of its contractors.

Sunday, January 20, 2013 9:24 AM

All replies

• Have you tried using the Windows Product Key Update Tool for Windows XP?

Carey Frisch

Saturday, January 19, 2013 4:44 PM
  • The installed edition of Windows is XP Pro - is your Key for XP Pro??

If not, then you'll have to reformat and reinstall with the appropriate media.

If it is for XP Pro, and the Product Key Update Tool that Carey refers to doesn't work, then a reformat/reinstall may still be necessary - but try telephoning your local Activation Center for assistance first, as some early Keys won't work in a SP3 install.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950929

Sunday, January 20, 2013 9:24 AM
  • Interesting, I'm getting the same "*****-*****-6BKXT-M8JJ6-RPXGJ" product key as you and Babygirl.

I bet you it doesn't match your product sticker.

Moreover, if you download Belarc Advisor it will show both XP and Explorer product keys.  On mine the Explorer is a different key which DOES match my MS sticker of authenticity.

I'm still trying to figure this puppy out.  I called MS and they said XP is out of warranty and will make my troubles go away for only $99...

I 'm looking to solve the problem on my own and I'll post if I figure it out.  Please do the same.

I'm waiting for my external hard drive to arrive in the mail so I can do a backup before I do a complete wipe and I'll tinker 'til then.

Best of luck.

In solidarity

dd
    Sunday, January 20, 2013 7:22 PM
  • Yes.  And it said that the key was not valid.
    Sunday, January 20, 2013 9:04 PM
  • Yes, I have XP Pro.  However, what do you mean a local Activation Center?  I originally installed and activated the OS online.  This is my physical copy of XP Pro, I do not work for any company or anything that uses it.  I chose to buy Pro because I wanted some of the features that the general home version didn't offer.  
    Sunday, January 20, 2013 9:13 PM
  • Honestly, I am just mad that I have been using this software for over 4 years and all of a sudden the key is no longer good.  Going by what is on the website for verifying that the physical product is authentic, mine passes.  I would think that 4 years is a long time for someone to report the key stolen or abused, if that is in fact the case.

I am getting ready to build a new home pc and I was thinking about going to one of the new Windows versions anyway, but I liked that I still had the option to use XP if I decided I really didn't like one of the new ones.  

I might try a format and re-install on a different hard drive to see if the key comes up bad again, but I have a sneaking suspicion that it's not going to happen.  

Good luck.....I think we all need it right about now.

Sunday, January 20, 2013 9:23 PM
  • Have you tried using the PKUT yet?

Sunday, January 20, 2013 9:46 PM
  • Problem solved, my fellow sufferer.

Download and run WinKeyFinder

Select "Change Key"

Enter your correct product key

Enjoy

dd

Friday, January 25, 2013 3:20 AM
  • Not so fast.  The entire text of the Microsoft Windows XP End User License Agreement would also have to be changed which "WinKeyFinder" does not do.

Carey Frisch

Friday, January 25, 2013 3:32 AM