CRM 2011: Custom Dialog RRS feed

• Question

• Hello there,

I was trying to play around with Dialog XAML created from an existing dialog to figure out what could be done but I ran into problem:

The exported XAML references Microsoft.Crm.Workflow  and Microsoft.Crm.Workflow.Activities assemblies that could not be found, so I cannot open it in design view.

I will insert a few pictures that demonstrate how to create the test dialog that would fail. 

The dialog is run on an Account and changes its primary contact based on the user input.

The basic idea is that there are two variables in dialog - one whole number (Dialog.Flag) and another a string variable (Dialog.FirstName) (one would do as well I believe). Those variables are used within QueryData ('Get Data' step) to retrieve all contacts such that contact.FirstName = Dialog.FirstName and contact.Status = Dialog.Flag.

After this a user is prompted to select one of the contacts retrieved in 'Get Data' ('Select Customer' page).

And Finally, the selected contact is set to the Dialog's account primary contact.

Below is the 'Get Data' query

<fetch version="1.0" output-format="xml-platform" mapping="logical" distinct="false">

<entity name="contact">

<attribute name="fullname" />

<attribute name="parentcustomerid" />

<attribute name="telephone1" />

<attribute name="emailaddress1" />

<attribute name="ownerid" />

<attribute name="contactid" />

<order attribute="fullname" descending="false" />

<filter type="and">

<condition attribute="statecode" operator="eq" value="Variable1" />

<condition attribute="firstname" operator="eq" value="Variable2" />

</filter>

</entity>

</fetch>

Could someone hint me please on what has gone wrong?

If someone could recommend a good documentation source that would give more details on how to work with custom dialogs/workflows that would be really great as well!

Thank you!

• Edited by Kotena Tuesday, October 11, 2011 2:11 AM
    Tuesday, October 11, 2011 2:01 AM

Answers

• Dialogs are not supported to be modified in WF4 designer so you cannot edit the XAML directly.

Also note that you can insert dyamic data (slugs) in the query step XML view.

Gonzalo | gonzaloruizcrm.blogspot.com

• Marked as answer by Kotena Tuesday, October 11, 2011 10:29 PM
    Tuesday, October 11, 2011 3:48 PM

All replies

• Dialogs are not supported to be modified in WF4 designer so you cannot edit the XAML directly.

Also note that you can insert dyamic data (slugs) in the query step XML view.

Gonzalo | gonzaloruizcrm.blogspot.com

• Marked as answer by Kotena Tuesday, October 11, 2011 10:29 PM
    Tuesday, October 11, 2011 3:48 PM
  • Thank you for your reply Gonzalo.

Do you mean 'Modify Query Variables' tab when you suggest to insert dynamic data in the query?

Thank you

Tuesday, October 11, 2011 10:33 PM