my OS disc is damaged for XP PRO 2000 RRS feed

• Question

• genuine windows          thanks        HP where  great gave me startup discs and replaced motherboard but i got XP HOME on ther disc not pro my disc is damaged it has installed but warned boot failiure file missing now i can boot up but screen freezes and just shows windows icon strange all seemed fine untill i loded hp driver disc can only get into settings bios by f10 security and device boot order nothing else cannot comand c:\boot.ini     NEED HELP
    • Changed type frankdavy Wednesday, December 9, 2009 10:44 PM CAN U FIX MY DAGHTERS LAP TOP
    Wednesday, December 9, 2009 10:31 PM

Answers

• Hello frankdavy,

Please visit the support pages for your exact model/product number at HP for any information about a common problem with this particular computer while, or after, using the supplied HP recovery discs to install Windows.  If there is a common problem, then most likely there is a solution, too, at the support pages.
    For great advice on all topics XP, visit http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Friday, December 11, 2009 9:50 PM
    Wednesday, December 9, 2009 11:01 PM

All replies

• Hello frankdavy,

If I understand correctly, you received a XP Disk from HP.  The XP on the disk is the wrong version (xp Home instead of XP Pro) and the disk won't install.

If that is correct, please contact HP for a replacment disk as this one appears faulty.  Be sure to indicate which version of XP you require.

Thank you,
    Darin MS 
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, December 9, 2009 10:41 PM
    Wednesday, December 9, 2009 10:41 PM
  • THANKS FOR YOUR RESPONSE THE DEAL IS THE STORE I GOT THE LAPTOP FROM HAVE BEEN REPORTED FOR UNDERHANDED SERVICE AND HP WHERE GOOD TO HELP 2DAYS BEFORE WARANTY RUN OUT I FULLY FORMATTED THE PARTITION AND REINSTALLED MY DISC XP PRO THEN USED THE HP DISC DRIVER INSTALATION  sorry left caption lock on now i am locked out of the laptop i cannot re install the OS system or repair how or what do i do thanks
    in response and thanks to Darin MS
    Wednesday, December 9, 2009 10:53 PM
  • Hello frankdavy,

Please visit the support pages for your exact model/product number at HP for any information about a common problem with this particular computer while, or after, using the supplied HP recovery discs to install Windows.  If there is a common problem, then most likely there is a solution, too, at the support pages.
    For great advice on all topics XP, visit http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Friday, December 11, 2009 9:50 PM
    Wednesday, December 9, 2009 11:01 PM