Dashboard and Data showing RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have to show the data based on order.. but it showing alphabet order.. how can i get actual order.

Example: Europe, America, India,  China is names..

while showing the dashbord  it's comming like that  America, china, Europe, India,

But i want to show actual order like(Europe, America, India,  China).. can you please suggest on this...

Rammohan

Thursday, August 16, 2012 4:55 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Create a view for the respective entity sorting by the required attribute and use the view in Dashboards.

Thanks,

Srinivas K

If my answer is helpful, please mark 'Vote As Helpful'.

Thursday, August 16, 2012 10:50 AM
  • Hi,

A simple way is adding numbering to your names like 1.Europe 2.America  3.India  4. China.

Hope this helps.
    Thursday, August 16, 2012 11:40 AM
  •  No, through  Numbering   or A. .Europe B.America  C.India  D. China. customer are not accepting

-Regards,

Ram

Rammohan

Thursday, August 16, 2012 11:43 AM
  • Hi srinivas,

As per your suggestion view sorting is working.. but my requirement is  dashboard  Names should be actual order.. i'm not worry about view here.. but i want dashboard  names is actual order not acending or decending order?  can you please suggest on this...

Rammohan

Thursday, August 16, 2012 12:18 PM
  • Hi Rammohan,

What exactly do you mean by Dashboard names should be actual order? There is a way you can make the data in the chart appear in order of the value of data, just add the following line after exporting the chart xml.

<order alias="your aggregate column alias" descending="true"/>

Regards,

Rahul Agarwal

Thursday, August 16, 2012 1:58 PM
  • Hi Rahul,

i'm not clear abt  it..

can you explain bit more clear about this..

where i have to implement this  tag...

<order alias="your aggregate column alias" descending="true"/>  pls explain bit more clear...

Rammohan

Friday, August 17, 2012 3:00 AM
  • Hi Rammohan,

Go to the entity grid for which you have created the chart -

1. Select the chart that you want to modify from the vizualization pane on the right side of the entity grid
    2. Click on Chart tab on the ribbon and click on Export chart option.
    3. Edit the chart XML to add a order node for the attribute on which you want to sort your columns. I am assuming you want to sort on the aggregate attribute, then I would add a order node under the attribute node as shown below -

<attribute name="name" aggregate="count" alias="aggregate_colum" />
    <order alias="aggregate_colum" descending="true"/>

Save the XML and re-import the chart xml. It should work. 

There is another way to do this from the UI using the Chart Designer -

• Select the chart from the vizualization pane and Click on Edit from the Chart tab on the ribbon
    • Now Apply a Top(descending) or Bottom(ascending) rule for the series you have for Y - axis. If you want to see all the values you can select the option "Custom Rule" and provide a large number like 99 or 100 to see the Top 100 or Bottom 100 values.(This should be good for all practical purposes)
    • Save and Close the chart.

Regards,

Rahul Agarwal

Friday, August 17, 2012 5:02 AM