Print reconciliation statement RRS feed

• Question

• Is it not possible to print a reconciliation statement after balancing the account in Money Plus Deluxe?
    Tuesday, October 25, 2016 5:53 PM

All replies

• What do you mean by "reconciliation statement"?
    Tuesday, October 25, 2016 6:57 PM
  • Report like bank statement/reconciliation:

If Advanced Reports are not enabled, click
    Reports->ChangeReportSettings->SwitchFromEssentialToAdvancedReports.

With Advanced Reports enabled do these:

1.Reports->AccountTransactions
    2. Customize->Reset
    3. Customize=>Account->ClearAll, then tick the account you are doing. Apply.
     3a. Date (select date range), Apply.
     3b. Rows&Columns : tick Memo, Cleared Status. Leave Category ticked.
     3c. optionally, you can examine the various tabs, and make any other changes.
     3d. click OK.

To put the report into a spreadsheet, right-click into the report
    and choose Copy.  You can then paste into a spreadsheet.

To save this customized report for later use, at the top of Money, click
     Favorites->AddToFavorites
     Enter a new ReportName. OK.

To access a saved report later,
     Favorites-> FavoriteReports->[the report name]

If you customized more items in order to meet your expectations of a reconciliation statement, or if you could not find a setting to do what you need, please let us know.

Tuesday, October 25, 2016 9:31 PM
  • This is not correct. This will just narrow down a list of transaction on the register for the selected time frame. 

For example, my accountant needs the reconciliation report from 12/31/17 so she can match it with my bank statement. However I am currently doing this in March. Following these steps will show transactions that cleared in January and therefore the account balance on the report will not match the Dec statement since checks that cleared in January are showing as cleared in this report. Even if the dates are selected for Dec only. I am really struggling to find a report that shows the exact balance sheet from when I balanced the account in January. So regretting ever using this program!

Thursday, March 1, 2018 6:12 PM
  • Next time, print the report that you want after you balance.

You could right-click into the report, and paste it into a spreadsheet. You could make the adjustments that you need on the spreadsheet and print the spreadsheet.

You could restore a backup from the time after you balanced the time you are referring to, but it would be important that you not overwrite your current file. After doing that work you would want to switch back to the latest file.  I think you might mess it up. I could try to explain how to do that. Maybe if we both feel like it later.

Especially if you don't have a suitable backup file, this would be a good time to review your backup procedures.

Thursday, March 1, 2018 9:46 PM
  • Cal's suggestion about printing an account transactions report after you balance seems like the most practical approach.  The underlying problem is that to

be able to generate the kind of reconciliation statement that you are requesting, Money would need to record two dates for every transaction, - the date that you entered the transaction into the account register in Money and the date that the bank cleared the transaction.  Money does not have that capability.

You can, of course, get the bank's date into Money if that is what you really want.  Just change the transaction date when you balance the account.  It can be done more easily if you download transactions and then accept the bank's date when you are matching the transactions.  The disadvantage is that you lose some history.  For example, a check that you wrote on 12/28/2017 and which the the bank debited on 1/5/2018, will show up in your register with the later date once you have balanced the account against the bank's statement.

Bill Becker

Thursday, March 1, 2018 11:19 PM