Live Mesh is syncing while not logged on into LiveMesh RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I'm using a mobile internet connection and realized, that Mesh is also syncing while I'm not logged in into Live Mesh. This is very annoying because I have a limit of 3GB on that card and I'm syncing around 2,5 GB. After reinstalling my laptop and installing Live Mesh, but not logging into Live Mesh i figured this out. moe.exe is downloading a huge amount on data, more than in the folder I choosed to sync is included.

Anyone knows how I can change this behavior?
    BTW: I'm sure that I did not change any settings of the other mesh folders I have, because the default links on the desktop are also present.
    Peter Forster, MVP Virtual Machine, Austria
    Thursday, April 23, 2009 11:18 AM

Answers

• Live Mesh isn't supposed to sync unless you are logged into Live Mesh, but people have reported that if you log in and then log out, sync continues. Since this is undesired behavior, filing a bug would be the way to go, including your logs.

How to Submit Bugs and Live Mesh Logs

As for how to prevent this behavior, short of killing the service, there is nothing to configure since it isn't supposed to be synchronizing unless you have logged in.
    -steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Thursday, April 23, 2009 2:23 PM

All replies

• Live Mesh isn't supposed to sync unless you are logged into Live Mesh, but people have reported that if you log in and then log out, sync continues. Since this is undesired behavior, filing a bug would be the way to go, including your logs.

How to Submit Bugs and Live Mesh Logs

As for how to prevent this behavior, short of killing the service, there is nothing to configure since it isn't supposed to be synchronizing unless you have logged in.
    -steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Thursday, April 23, 2009 2:23 PM
  • Hi Stephen,

thanks, I will file a bug on this issue.
    Peter Forster, MVP Virtual Machine, Austria
    Friday, April 24, 2009 7:56 AM